Ok, so as we all know, alot of the jets on offer in Strike Fighters 2 are capable of Mach 1+ speeds. However the transition between normal flight and supersonic flight is a lot less exciting than I hoped and I was wondering are there any existing or in development mods that add that awesome sonic boom sound (and/or effect) when you break the sound barrier?

Just thinking, that would be super cool.

sonic_boom.jpg

Edited by BradenFTW

Yes there are a few aircraft that have the effect built into the model however I do not think there is a stand alone effect for other existing models available

And realize in real life, that 'cone' you see only happens in certain specific circumstances.

And the person operating the aircraft does not experience any sort of sound change from inside....no silence, no boom, nothing.

FC

How boring! :airplane:

Ok, so as we all know, alot of the jets on offer in Strike Fighters 2 are capable of Mach 1+ speeds. However the transition between normal flight and supersonic flight is a lot less exciting than I hoped and I was wondering are there any existing or in development mods that add that awesome sonic boom sound (and/or effect) when you break the sound barrier?

Just thinking, that would be super cool.

sonic_boom.jpg

Altitude/atmospheric pressure and humidity help make that cone look good.

In extremely dry conditions (think desert) an aircraft exceeding the Mach at low level, is said to telegraph its approach with the crackle of static electricity. Otherwise, its approach would be silent, in stark contrast to its passing!