Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Having problem with TMF F-14 superpack radar

Hello everyone,

After downloading and installing great superpack of F-14 by TMF (http://combatace.com/files/file/12327-tmf-f-14-tomcat-superpack/), I installed after following instruction. However, I was flying F-14A and I noticed that my radar is not working. I tried turning radar on and yet they won't work. I am missing something. I flew other aircraft and radar works (F-15A as an example). There had to be some steps I am missing and I looked through read-me, I am not able to find instruction for radar. Any advice to solve my problem with F-14s radar is much appreciated. I truly am looking forward flying TMF F-14s and right now I am trying to figure out what is causing radar not to turn on.

Thank you

Eagle out...

what avionics dll is the main ini pointing to?

May I ask, you mean aircraft's .ini or where do I find main.ini? If you mean aircraft, lets say F-14A_74 as an example. Here is codes from F-14A_74.ini:

CockpitDataFile=F-14A_cockpit.ini

AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-14A_avionics.ini

And to answer anyone questions about which SF2 series I have, I have these following SF2 series:

SF2

SF2: WOV

SF2: WOE

SF2: WOI

SF2: Expansion 1

SF2: Expansion 2

And I installed following patches:

SF2 expansion pack 2 Jan 2011

SF2 expansion pack 2 May 2011

SF2 Series March 2012

SF2 Series July 2012

Edited by Eagle114th

I think TMF's latest superpack requires the user to have SF2:NA to access certain elements the stock F-14's radar.

yup, the newest TMF version references the F-14 avionics dll ONLY available in SF2NA

without NA, it won't work.

there was a fix around here somewhere for those that don't have NA, but can't remember where/what it was!!

I think TMF's latest superpack requires the user to have SF2:NA to access certain elements the stock F-14's radar.

Your RWR is not working either :D Anyway, as said above, all you need to do is merge your game with SF2NA (aka install NA into your game's main folder), and you should be just fine.

Good luck.

Edited by thodouras95

Ah I see, I did not realize I was missing one more SF2 title! I am going to buy SF2:NA, so I finally have complete SF2 collection and being able to fly any add-on aircraft mods within it. I thank you all for great help, I truly appreciate it! May all of your weekend go well!

Cheers!

:airplane:

Edited by Eagle114th

Hi to all.

I have problem with F-14 Super Pack V1.20 radar. My radar and VDI does not work, also I have not after burner. Thank you for reply.

You are saying that your afterburner is not working.I assume you might have not installed some files.Try reading the readme more carefully and reinstalling the mod, so you can see if you forgot any files.Let us know what happens.

If this is using avionicsF14A.dll then expect it needs SF2NA installed - do you have that?

May I ask, you mean aircraft's .ini or where do I find main.ini? If you mean aircraft, lets say F-14A_74 as an example. Here is codes from F-14A_74.ini:

CockpitDataFile=F-14A_cockpit.ini

AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-14A_avionics.ini

And to answer anyone questions about which SF2 series I have, I have these following SF2 series:

SF2

SF2: WOV

SF2: WOE

SF2: WOI

SF2: Expansion 1

SF2: Expansion 2

And I installed following patches:

SF2 expansion pack 2 Jan 2011

SF2 expansion pack 2 May 2011

SF2 Series March 2012

SF2 Series July 2012

The above is from post #3 in this same thread. In the aircraft's .ini file, change AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll to read AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll and the radar will work; you just won't have the ability to target six targets at once. There are instructions in the Superpack on how to do it for the F-14D, just apply those to the other aircraft as well. That being said, the best solution is to get SF2NA and enjoy multiple targetting.

Is there a workaround for those who do not have NA? I know I could buy the F-14A Iran, but I'm dead broke for a couple of weeks. I don't want to have to fly only the F-14D forever

Also FYI: I'm not a new member, I've been around for a while and followed everything quite a bit, I just never needed to post anything till now. Cool testament to how user-friendly playing, troubleshooting, and modding SF2 is :)

EDIT: NVM LOOK AT ABOVE POST

I'm a dummy. Thanks, it's not like I need to target six at once anyways. Damn phoenixes won't hit half of them. Only really can use that capability with AIM-120D lol

Edited by Blueteamguy