Sign in to follow this  
BradenFTW

F35-B carrier landing help?

Ok, so I thought I'd give myself a challenge and try and land a jet on a carrier. So I thought I'd try it off as easy as possible and try a vertical landing in FastCargo's beautiful F35-B. But for the life of me, I can't do it.

I don't know whether it's the physics of vertical hover that doesn't allow me to neatly and slowly let it down or is it the fact I'm too goddamn crap and I have no idea what I'm doing.

What I do is I approach the carrier at a moderate 200 knots with about 20% throttle and slam it into vertical hover mode just about as I'm over the top of the carrier and deploy the airbrakes while increasing the throttle to around 86%. Now rather than it slowly coming to a controllable speed and allowing me to descend calmly, it slows down and begins to stall despite the throttle being nearly maxed out and I rapidly lose altitude and ultimately end up wiping out into the ocean.

Please help! Am I doing it wrong?

Couple of things.

One, the FM has not been updated in a while, so some tweaks are needed. Second, the real F-35B has a limited 'bring back' capability...if you are too heavy, you can't hover, period.

I think one of the user created campaigns has a F-35B with an updated FM.

FC

Couple of things.

One, the FM has not been updated in a while, so some tweaks are needed. Second, the real F-35B has a limited 'bring back' capability...if you are too heavy, you can't hover, period.

I think one of the user created campaigns has a F-35B with an updated FM.

FC

Lol no chance you could update it? ;)

Depends. You have the cure for cancer lying around?

FC

Yeah let me check my pockets. Any chance you could link me to that user created campaign?