dtmdragon

Mirage Factory IDF F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

Mirage Factory IDF F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

Mirage Factory Israeli Air Force F-4E Kurnass 2000 for Strike Fighters 2

This is a brand new SF2 mod of the Israeli F-4E Kurnass 2000 with a new 3D model.

This mod has its origins in the SFP1 Mirage Factory F-4E Kurnass but most of the 3D work to create the Kurnass 2000 model has been done by Sundowner.

The majority of the .ini work is new and specifically for the SF2 environment.

Features:

- Accurate Kurnass 2000 3d model

- Modernized cockpit and avionics

- Modernized weapons capability

- Most advanced version of the F-4E used by the Israeli Air Force

- Extensive RWR.TGA files and updated RWR.LST

- All weapons from loadout file included

http://www.f-4.nl/f4_35.html

INSTILATION: Drop files in to appropriate folders, override when asked to.

NOTE: Has only been tested/used in a merged install of ALL SF2 titles

Credit goes to Bunyap and Chaser617 for the F-4EJ Kai cockpit / Avionics which we used as a base for the Kurnass 2000 Cockpit and Avionics. Also credit goes to The Viper Team for their IAF F-16C/D/I which some of the weapons came from. And of course the Mirage Factory Team.

Edited by dtmdragon

Guys, I am facing a problem with the IRM launch rails on the left inner pylon.

As I get it, there should be small rails, with small spacing to the pylon, used to load Sidewinder and may be Python 4.

Then there should be larger rails, with greater spacing to the pylon to allow loading of Python 3.

For some reason only the small rails with small spacing appear under the left wing, causing Python 3 missiles to just hang in mid-air.

I checked the out file and also the data.ini, but could not see the cause of this issue.

Guys, I am facing a problem with the IRM launch rails on the left inner pylon.

As I get it, there should be small rails, with small spacing to the pylon, used to load Sidewinder and may be Python 4.

Then there should be larger rails, with greater spacing to the pylon to allow loading of Python 3.

For some reason only the small rails with small spacing appear under the left wing, causing Python 3 missiles to just hang in mid-air.

I checked the out file and also the data.ini, but could not see the cause of this issue.

Try re-downloading it and re-installing it. I've just installed a freshly downloaded copy into an empty mods folder to check it and there are no issues with the IRM rails. The problem must be with your download or install sorry.

OK, thanks, will do later today and report back.

OK, re-downloaded, placed it in several separate SF2 installs I have and the problem is still there.

Look at the picture - the Pythons under the left wing are in mid-air.

What's more, even when I loaded Sidewinders, they appear on the same rails.

Kurnas 2000

Kurnas 2000_2

• Like 1

OK, I am now sure it is an issue with the model itself, not a problem with the aircraft data.ini.

I deliberately deactivated the rails intended for Python 3 and then took a screenshot of the rails for Sidewinder.

I am sure the aicraft data.ini is calling the correct rails, but the inner and outer IRM rail under the left wing appear to be closer to eachother than those under the right wing.

The effect is missiles appear as if improperly attached (floating). See attached screenshot.

Using the supports under the inner pylon as a reference point, you can see the rails under the right wing are separated and do not touch the supports, while the rails under the left wing clearly touch them. Apparently the rails under the left wing need to be a little bit more separated from the pylon to be identical to the rails under the right wing.

Kurnas 2000_3

Ah-ha I see now, sorry you are right I misunderstood what you meant the first time. the left IRM rails are a different size so I will talk to Sundowner and see what we can do about fixing the 3D model before we change the missile attachment points etc.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1

1.1 Uploaded:

- Corrected lod issue with left IRM rails being smaller than the right

- F-4E_5.bmp textures edited with more accurate cockpits

Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) F-4E Kurnass 'Super Phantom' 2000 released, it was a planed update to the Kurnass 2000 with upgraded engines but it never made it past the prototype which flew in the 1987 Paris Airshow.

http://combatace.com/files/file/13512-israeli-aerospace-industries-iai-f-4e-kurnass-super-phantom-2000-for-strike-fighters-2/

1.2 Uploaded:

- Lod updated to fix afterburner nodes so they glow correctly when the afterburners are on.

- IAI Recon Pod included.

Edited by dtmdragon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.3
      McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire Phantom F-4E (early - short cannon muzzle fairing)  to create a fictional Phantom FGR.3 in service with the Royal Air Force in the 1969-1972 timeline with markings for No.6 and No.112 squadrons of RAF Middle East Command as they might have appeared during this period when deployed to Dhimar. Both squadrons have an association with the Middle East and Desert areas with No.6 Squadron being 'The Flying Tin Openers' whilst No.112 Squadron were famous for being the RAF's 'sharkmouth' squadron.  

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Special thanks to sundowner for the F-4E templates.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 29th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 11/29/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire Phantom F-4E (early - short cannon muzzle fairing)  to create a fictional Phantom FGR.3 in service with the Royal Air Force in the 1969-1972 timeline with markings for No.6 and No.112 squadrons of RAF Middle East Command as they might have appeared during this period when deployed to Dhimar. Both squadrons have an association with the Middle East and Desert areas with No.6 Squadron being 'The Flying Tin Openers' whilst No.112 Squadron were famous for being the RAF's 'sharkmouth' squadron.  

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the PhantomFGR3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to sundowner for the F-4E templates.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 29th, 2024.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] McDonnell Douglas Phantom RNZAF
      McDonnell Douglas Phantom F-4M_89 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire Phantom FGR.2 (F-4M_75) to give a fictional 'Kiwi' Phantom with markings for No.2 squadron of the Royal New Zealand Air Force as they might have appeared during the 1990's. It goes without saying that you will need to have the F-4M_75 from SF2:Europe.

BACKSTORY

During the build up to Operation Corporate (the UK's military operation to retake the Falkland Islands) the UK Government were overwhelmed at the support given by the countries of the Commonwealth and, in particular, the response of the Australian and New Zealand Governments who provided ships to maintain the UK's NATO commitments and thus allow the Royal Navy to maximise the number of ships it could send to the South Atlantic.
      In the following years there were many reciprocal deals made and favours given to the Commonwealth nations (and even Chile!) and one such 'favour' was the transfer of 18 ex-RAF Phantom FGR.2's in 1988. The 18 FGR.2's, only recently withdrawn from RAF service, were ferried out to New Zealand (most still in their dirty grey camo scheme) during Operation Saddleback before arriving at Ohakea for refurbishment by a joint McDonnell Douglas/RNZAF team that saw the aircraft eventually emerge in a new 'Forest' style camo scheme and with digital INAS, upgraded RWR and new outer wing panels. Entering service with No.2 squadron in early 1989 (supposedly as the Karearea but they were always simply called Phantoms) the aircraft gave good service to the Royal New Zealand Air Force during the 1990's until finally being retired in December 2001 when, indeed, all 'Air Combat Force' aircraft were sadly withdrawn from service.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4M_89 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4M_89 folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the SUU-23G folder into your Weapons folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 18th, 2024.

Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/15/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas Phantom F-4M_89 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire Phantom FGR.2 (F-4M_75) to give a fictional 'Kiwi' Phantom with markings for No.2 squadron of the Royal New Zealand Air Force as they might have appeared during the 1990's. It goes without saying that you will need to have the F-4M_75 from SF2:Europe.

BACKSTORY

During the build up to Operation Corporate (the UK's military operation to retake the Falkland Islands) the UK Government were overwhelmed at the support given by the countries of the Commonwealth and, in particular, the response of the Australian and New Zealand Governments who provided ships to maintain the UK's NATO commitments and thus allow the Royal Navy to maximise the number of ships it could send to the South Atlantic.
      In the following years there were many reciprocal deals made and favours given to the Commonwealth nations (and even Chile!) and one such 'favour' was the transfer of 18 ex-RAF Phantom FGR.2's in 1988. The 18 FGR.2's, only recently withdrawn from RAF service, were ferried out to New Zealand (most still in their dirty grey camo scheme) during Operation Saddleback before arriving at Ohakea for refurbishment by a joint McDonnell Douglas/RNZAF team that saw the aircraft eventually emerge in a new 'Forest' style camo scheme and with digital INAS, upgraded RWR and new outer wing panels. Entering service with No.2 squadron in early 1989 (supposedly as the Karearea but they were always simply called Phantoms) the aircraft gave good service to the Royal New Zealand Air Force during the 1990's until finally being retired in December 2001 when, indeed, all 'Air Combat Force' aircraft were sadly withdrawn from service.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4M_89 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4M_89 folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the SUU-23G folder into your Weapons folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 18th, 2024.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..