I am getting a new toshipa p850 with 8g memory,

Nvidia GT 630M 2GB dedicated graphics with Optimus

i7 processor

windows 8

I currently have a hp g series with a hd3000 graphic card.

Do you think it will run better with this set up? I have the strike fighter 2 europe, vietnam and north atlantic. Currently after a couple of games I have to restart and use low resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

It should run much better that your old one with it having both an i7 and a dedicated graphics card. Games that have been tested on Windows 8 haven't show any real increase/decrease in performance (some up & some down a few FPS) but as with any new OS just give it a go and let us know if it works :grin:

make sure to update all the drivers, and configure optimus tech to use the GT630 GPU ONLY for games.

Thanks for the tip, when i arrives I will defintly do that with the gt630

Games run on Windows 8 great!!

WoX, SF2 X, everything runs as ever before and my CH control manager runs without problem either.

Windows 8 changes UI a lot but the bottom line is, comparing it to Vista is a blasphemy.

Edited by Talez

how is 8 overall? considering updating the family laptop to it but just the bit of putzing around in the stores i'm not so sure for my laptop just yet.....

Wait about six months. Windows 8 has a lot of issues currently and only is cool if you actually have a touch screen. Other than that, not worth upgrading to currently.