Stephen1918

Field Guns for First Eagles

I've been working (slowly) on the Eastern Front campaign. I made some field artillery for the Russians and Austrians. Then I made some for the other forces as well. I have uploaded 8 field guns, which are based pretty heavily on the AA guns I made last summer. Each has a two man crew and is positioned behind a log and earth barricade. There are guns for - Austria, Russia, Germany, Italy, France, Britain, America, and Turkey.

The guns act like tanks (with no movement) so they should show up in Army Co-operation missions. They can also be placed manually into campaigns and into the Target.ini of terrains.

post-67404-0-01083400-1351015487.jpg

post-67404-0-75050000-1351015493.jpg

post-67404-0-01409500-1351015499.jpg

post-67404-0-64435900-1351015504.jpg

thank you for these. they look great. There is a small few who have kept First Eagles alive and you are one of them many Many thanks.

ahhhhhhh more strafing targets , I like the ground target rich environments , they look damn good too

Are you making also machine-gun nests? I'm asking it because I'm adding a ton of Geo's field guns and machine-gun nest to all terrains in Armchair Aces. I'm going to change all the old Geo's field guns for yours. If you are making new machine gun nests (or heavy guns, for example) I can stop the work before reworking the entire thing.

Are you making also machine-gun nests? ...

No, I'm not planning to make any other ground objects in the near future. I need to get back to planes. I'm working on an Albatros D.II and a Fokker D.II. And I'm correcting some mistakes in the Eastern Front campaign.

Edited by Stephen1918

Very well! then I'll use your beautiful field guns and Geo's machine-gun nests.

New planes? Yummmm!!!!

The Fokker D.II and Albatros D.II will make my year. for some reason I have always loved the old Fokker Biplanes. they just scream "transition" to me. bridging a gap from the early lashed together fighters and the more polished latter types. the Albatros D.II always seemed to be "mean" in my opinion. not as elegant as the latter albatroses but so much more modern looking than most of its contemporaries.

I hope that I'm not thought to be rushing anyone but now that I herd about whats on Stephen's plate I have been checking the forums for updates about hourly lol. I almost wish I missed the heads up. lol. I need to get out this weekend or I'll drive myself nuts.

I'm planning on both an early Albatros D.II with the radiators on the side of the fuselage and a later version with the radiator in the upper wing.

It's going to take me quite a while to finish these, I got a promotion and real life has been a lot busier than it was. But I am working on FE projects when I can...

I'm planning on both an early Albatros D.II with the radiators on the side of the fuselage and a later version with the radiator in the upper wing.

It's going to take me quite a while to finish these, I got a promotion and real life has been a lot busier than it was. But I am working on FE projects when I can...

Thank you, Stephen. A long awaited dream coming true. And a reason to return to the game.

no rush at all and you gave me enough info so I'll stop obsessing lol,thank you again.

No, I'm not planning to make any other ground objects in the near future. I need to get back to planes. I'm working on an Albatros D.II and a Fokker D.II. And I'm correcting some mistakes in the Eastern Front campaign.

Your work is very impressive - I especially like the way you model wingtips (which can be a challenge on WW1 aircraft). Several years ago, some guys and I were working on better AA guns and other ground objects but we all drifted away because of real world stuff. I still have the models, but - like you - have other things to do. Is there anyone else in the community that can attribute the models - they are mapped and textured - and release them? Shots of models: http://www.slickpic.com/album/ModShots#2400477

Sorry, Geezer. I can't see the ground objects pictures.

Me neither. The link brings us to the main Login screen.

Me neither. The link brings us to the main Login screen.

Rats! OK, will find a way to post images - SlicPic links don't work.

Still learning how to use - what is for me - the new system.

Is there a way to post individual shots from the gallery in this thread?

You can post straight to this thread if you want.

Just posted a link to a gallery album. Seems a bit cumbersome - how do you post individual shots in a thread such as this?

Geezer, Your models are great. It would be great to see some of them uploaded for First Eagles. The MS BB looks like it would be a fun plane to fly, and the machine gunners would be good to have too. Did you figure out how to post pictures in the Forum? At the bottom of the screen there's a button for "More Reply Options." That screen has a way to attach images.

Geezer, Your models are great. It would be great to see some of them uploaded for First Eagles. The MS BB looks like it would be a fun plane to fly, and the machine gunners would be good to have too. Did you figure out how to post pictures in the Forum? At the bottom of the screen there's a button for "More Reply Options." That screen has a way to attach images.

Thanks - will give it a try. Have been splitting my mod time between the BB and a CR42 cockpit, but may decide to concentrate on the BB. Will also look for old backups this weekend that have the WW1 pilots and gunners that quack74 asked about some time ago. Given the state of my garage, I never know what is lurking in the shadows.....