Well its been a long break but have finally re-installed WoE/NF4. After getting to the loadout screen, to discover there are no weapons available, then working out the compatability mode to open the weapons editor in Win7, i am presented with a blank weapons editor box.....

Like i said, its been awhile (3yrs) but i'm a bit stumped as to why this is happening? And this is the reason there are no weapons available at the loadout screen right?

cheers,Jayo

hmmmn, so i did a complete re-install and after the oct patch i ran the sim, all good. installed NF, ran the sim, all good. Did the same for NF/II/III all good. NFIV however caused the same no weapon issue. corrupt download? i did notice with the NFIV download there is no .exe install file,but there are instructions to copy and paste the files into the main folder so im guessing all is good there.

really starting to scratch my head now.... any ideas anyone?

i will try d/l NFIV again later on the off-chance i had a corrupt d/l 1st time round.

cheers

Or! as more searching on here suggests, do i need an updated version of the Weapons Editor?

jayo,

Assuming you have the latest weapons editor for the SF1 series, try running the weapons editor .exe file while it's still in the zipped file. I.E. open the zipped file but don't extract the weapons editor. Just run it from inside the zip file.

I also run the SF1 series in Windows 7 and this works for me.

Good luck,

GearyMcS,

i will d/l the 022008 Weapon Editor and try that. Do i drop the zip file into the weapons folder in WoE before running or run it from my downloads window?

cheers

You can run it from anywhere. You just need to find the install you want to load weapons in when it finally opens.

Some put a weapons editor or utility folder in their installs and drop the weapons editor in those. Makes it easier to find when needed.

so i sacked off WoE NF and installed Falklands 1982. Ended up (after trying all the various suggestions found in the threads) by taking both gun and weapon editors out of the game folder, compressing to desktop and running them from inside the zipfile. they work!

A little part of my brain is screaming BUT WHY????? the rest of me just doesnt wish to know....

Thx again GearyMcS