ok i just got the WOI expansion pack

but i have a merged first gen install (yes ..manualy done ...i know some of you have expressed disbelief at this before but still ..)

so i can better integrate it into my install i need to understand whats changed between the origional WOI and the addon

i know it adds new aircraft and a new campaign but i need to know

1 .....does it update the old campaigns from WOI to use the new aircraft (i know it wont put the spitfire on any of them cos that was obselete by that time) or are the new aircraft exclusive to the new campaign the update adds

2 .....how does it change the propeller handling physics .....i was told it was best to only use WOE patched up to a certain version for WW2 installs because the prop physics changed between patches but WOI expansion adds two of these prop aircraft ....the spitfire and mustang .....does this mean it rectifys that problem

if i add them could i theoreticaly (im not actualy going to) ditch the WW2 and korea install i have (i know it will f*** with single mission realism but i dont care i only play campaigns anyway) ........what else does it add i need to know about (aside from the obvious new decals and the like)

cheers for any help everybody

ok after doing some studying of the files i have come to the conclusion it only updates campaign 1 with the new aircraft (6 day war) ....the rest it leaves as is (or seems to) so it might not be a problem as i have not changed them in any way

the thing thats puzzling me is the propeller aircraft physics ......obviously i still have work to do to move them over (extracting their stuff from cat files) but i wonder if they changed anything and should i move any of the game files so they work properly

you see in my WW2 install to get the physics to work properly in these aircraft i had to only patch it up to the first version, ...but with the modern day install i patched all the games up to the final versions) ..i hope this info helps im crap at explaining things

WOI Operation Kadesh made some changes and brings WOI on the Standard of SF2 Israel. If you can fly 3 party props nicely in SF2I then you can do it in WOI Kadesh too.

so trying to add them to a merged install of first gens is gonna be imposible? ..or doable?

i dont have strike fighters 2 israel so i cant compare ...i only have the first gen games

Edited by tonyspike

sod it ...i have made a backup of my game i might as well try it for nothing lol

ok after trying this and simply moving over the operation kadesh files ....it dosnt work

if i install the expansion pack over my merged sim i just end up with WOI updated ......damn ..i ......new plan needed methinks