Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

HOLY SH&^T!

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I can guarantee you one thing....someone had to check their underwear after this incident...

Edited by Fubar512

Whaa :shok::swoon: these poor guys must have done in their clothes !!! Looks like, from the beginning of the video, the supply would be conducted in a ​​turbulence area.

Gawd - that thing happens to me in Falcon sometimes - but wasn't sure if it was the physics modeling because I've not seen it in a RL refuel before.

If that was me you would have seen me pop up again out of no where 10 seconds later for another near miss - I don't consider what the virtual boomer has to go through obviously................

holy sh*t indeed, I almost did it in my pants hahaha

MB, the E-3 didn't pop up.

It got too far forward underneath the KC-135, pushing it's rear fuselage up and thus putting it into a dive.

You can actually see the KC's tail rise when paying attention to the cloudless part of the sky.

The AWACs pilot did not stop his forward movement after contact, hence the immediate disconnect when it was apparent the inner limit would have been breached. Words from the Okies was that the tanker autopilot did kick off causing it to settle, so the E-3 had to push over and away. More words was that a crewmemberon the E-3 suffered a broken back because they werent strapped in during A/R, as is the procedures.

This was a hot topic all week. Flying with unqualified students, this showed them how quickly a situation can go from good to bad.

-Jeff

At any rate, as Bill Cosby once said;

"In those kind of situations, I find that there is one absolute, one constant, and I don't need to mention it here. But I will give you a hint: First you say it, then you do it." :biggrin:

MB, the E-3 didn't pop up.

It got too far forward underneath the KC-135, pushing it's rear fuselage up and thus putting it into a dive.

You can actually see the KC's tail rise when paying attention to the cloudless part of the sky.

A few reruns later I can see whats actually happening! :doh:

The AWACs pilot did not stop his forward movement after contact, hence the immediate disconnect when it was apparent the inner limit would have been breached. Words from the Okies was that the tanker autopilot did kick off causing it to settle, so the E-3 had to push over and away. More words was that a crewmemberon the E-3 suffered a broken back because they werent strapped in during A/R, as is the procedures.

This was a hot topic all week. Flying with unqualified students, this showed them how quickly a situation can go from good to bad.

-Jeff

Thanks for the info Jeff.

Students gotta learn sometime....buuuuut it can be an adventure.

FC

Thanks for the info Jeff.

Students gotta learn sometime....buuuuut it can be an adventure.

FC

No worries H. Honestly, thats not the worst I've seen. I've had a few close calls where I was weightless for a bit.

-Jeff

I take it they don't allow open drink containers around during refueling. :grin: