Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

Just Plane Wrong

For anybody who ever wanted one of the most comprehensive lists of incorrect aircraft (and yes, we love pointing them out, anybody who says anything else is a blatant liar).

Click Here

Please note: The link goes to one of the most addictive sites in existence. Here is a warning label from XKCD as a bonus:

tab_explosion.png

What makes the F-15 strike in MW2 worse is the call "Fox One" as they launch their "AGM"s.

• Like 2

Their AIM-7 'AGMs' called 'J-DAMs'. Not to mention that the F-15s were either called 'F-22s' or the Pilot's name was 'F-22 pilot'. What a piece of s**t that game was. It doesn't even take 10 seconds to google F-22, F-15 or JDAM and get an image, yet this game had a budget in the millions and apparently, not enough time to correctly label stuff. So glad I didn't pay money for it!

Edited by SayWhatt

Actually Modern Warfare 2 was a great shooter(the thing it's meant to be).Sure they may have gotten a few things wrong.But the detail applied to the models is pretty accurate.Especially to the fighters and helicopters.I would take it along with Modern Warfare 3 over Battle Field 3 any day of the week.

Especially to the fighters and helicopters.I would take it along with Modern Warfare 3 over Battle Field 3 any day of the week.

Let us not de-rail this into another pointless what-is-the-best-shooter-of-2011 thread.

We all know BF3 won hands down and thus I declare it.

• Like 1

Someone has way tooooo much time on their hands.....

TvTropes is a wiki. Anybody can add or edit content. They are just alot more informal then Wikipedia :)

Oh, thank you Jonathan, i had to make some 3D work today, but now it's all on hold because i cannot leave that site!

Speaking of MW2, I think that the F-15C (air superiority variants with bombs!!!) belonged to the USN.I may be incorrect, but I think this was the case.

The game's claims for seriuosness died right at riot shields stopping mutliple AK bursts. Everything after that just added to the snowball, like ze Russian invasion force, in which every single soldier carried a completely different gun, as if they just raided a window display.

Area 88 avoided wrong planes... The capabilities of the types they used, however, were reaally exaggerated.

Hey, awesome, that page mentions Cabin Pressure! Great British radio comedy. Here's some.

http://youtu.be/TdH3X-QlHdA

So someone else has to start a Wiki that nit picks his mistakes:

And don't forget the first Iron Eaglemovie which has Dassault Mirages play as Mig-23's, a more glaring error (since Mig-23's were swing-wing, whereas Mirages were delta-wing).

Edited by MigBuster

So someone else has to start a Wiki that nit picks his mistakes:

Or you just edit the page yourself and fix any errors.

Hardly difficult. Its a group effort, incorrect information sometimes appears but then others correct it. Simple as that. In fact, I just fixed it myself in about a minute.

Regarding the Iron Eagle mistake, I can understand how it was made, as I recall they use Israeli Air Force Kfirs as MiGs.

Edited by JonathanRL

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustPlaneWrong

"In reality, a plane that loses power retains its aerodynamic properties and momentum and can be guided down to an emergency landing if the pilot doesn't manage to restart the engines. In fiction, a plane that loses power instantly slows to zero speed and plummets."

Partially right. The C-172 lift-to-drag max ratio or even the 747 (which got a better one) is the perfect exemple of what they said, but some models, especially military, get some of the worst gliding ratio when their engines are shut off.

• Like 1