Sky High

Another Option?

I know we have become spoilt for choice regarding WWI flight sim options, but has anyone noticed the new kid on the block?:

Looks fun. But a D.III with Lozenge Camo? Hmm. I like the terrain.

I could never get IL2 ultrapack 3 to run on my IL2 install, wanted to fly the halifax and fairy battle, i will try another install, hopefully i can get it to work this time round, IL2 AI is great for sure, & hyper lobby servers for dogfighting always was great,

I saw a pic with a camel and an F4e as a wingman!!! I new they were making Korea jets but didnt know the modders were doing so much !!! :biggrin:

Has it been released yet ???

Yes, I have it on my pc. You need IL2-1946 patched up to the 4.101 patch, Ultrapack 3, topped with DBW 1.71, and finally DBW 1916 Update V2. The WWI mod is only in its infancy yet, but looks promising. As Gambit says, one can now fight in the Korean War, and some of the modders seem to be making Vietnam jets.

Edited by Sky High

Looks fun. But a D.III with Lozenge Camo? Hmm. I like the terrain.

Hi, quack74. The D.III remained in production (after the introduction of the D.V) through most of 1917, so late production machines WERE covered with lozenge fabric. Also, older machines' fabric was replaced in the field - the service life of linen fabric back then was around 6 months - so older machines that survived for a while would have also used lozenge fabric.

The D.III OAW and D.V and D.Va had factory applied lozenge fabric. But not the D.III. Possibly covered in lozenge for repair work im sure. But I have never seen a pic of an original D.III covered in this way. I'm not saying it didnt happen, just that I've never read about it or seen it.