I, like many of you, am frustrated by this game.

I limped along with the November 11 patch where the runways disappeared on approach.

The March 12 patch fixed that and broke the campaigns waypoint generation.

April 12 fixed that, but occasionally the flight I am supposed to shoot down flies to the edge of the map with its wheels down.

Jun 12 fixes that, but I can't use the radar for most of the planes because there's a clunk and stop stutter now.

I just want to scream, "It's obvious you're doing more on the patches than fixing what's broken and that's breaking things that were working! STOP IT!"

So, I've been gutting it out with the April 12 patch because it's the least irritating release. That ticks me off because I lose all that DLC I paid for. And I still can't figure out why the installation of new planes requires the current patch level. Especially since I've seen how you can add third party planes. The second level of baffle is why the files for modded planes get over written with the OEM files when you install a DLC. It really feels like someone is overthinking things.

This is why I stopped at the Jan11 patch. No major problems and I do not have to worry about any DLC's.

Yeah. Oct 11 is very stable and I won't update my main install from that until another no issue patch comes along. Shame about the DLC, I'd like to support thirdwire more. Whenever I feel the need for a new plane, I just recheck the files archives here at Combat Ace. I always find something.

did revert to april 12 once... i could install DLC. just gotta make sure to use correct install sequence

did revert to april 12 once... i could install DLC. just gotta make sure to use correct install sequence

Care to share? I'd love to have the expanded stable in the stable version of the game. ;)

Care to share? I'd love to have the expanded stable in the stable version of the game. ;)

well all my base setup files are September 2011. F-4K DLC is November 2011. So install the base, apply the November2011 update, then install the F-4K DLC. After that install NA, and apply the April patch.

Basically just gotta make sure the DLC date and date of install you're applying the DLC onto matches. At least that's what i remember

Oh. I thought you'd gotten stuff from the newer patch level to work in the older one.

Like being able to use an F-4N with the April 12 patch instead of the ruined July12.

Only DLC after April that worth my money is navy phantom skins lol.... I just copy the skins from july and paste them onto april. Dunno if same can be done with full ac DLC.

Always using latest patch, never ever had any noticeable trouble.

• Like 1

yup.

love how folks self limit themselves, when mod-makers are always trying to keep to the latest patch level for our uploads. folks gonna be missing out on some outstanding stuff

Always using latest patch, never ever had any noticeable trouble.

Never had any noticeable problems?

The ones that Z09SS mentioned in the first post are bad enough, I could list several paragraphs more just off the top of my head.

i agree with JonathanRL, i dont notice much in the way of problems. of course i also remember the philosophy that this is sim lite, not Falcon 4.0 or DCS. i can get targets on radar, missles hit a reasonable amount of the time depending on model, and bombs blow things up when i drop in parameters. the things i dont like and can fix myself i do (Phantom tailcodes, loadouts, start years on the Mk 80 series) and things that other modders are good at i DL what interests me and enjoy.(Wrench and Starys terrians, Sundowners Phantoms skins, various other aircraft avaiable) also how much is patch level and how much is the users system trying to keep up with the patch level? i used to grumble to myself on my old Compaq about features with patches but havent noticed as much other than a visual stutter in the desert terrains since upgrading to my new HP (quad core 2.5 Ghz boostable to 3.2, 8 GB RAM, Radeon graphics card ontop of stock). even that does not bother me personally as most of my flying is in Germany CE and the other titles were bought to enhance that game.

Never had any noticeable problems?

The ones that Z09SS mentioned in the first post are bad enough, I could list several paragraphs more just off the top of my head.

Please do if you feel up to it. And yes, the logical step for TK should be resume the practice of Beta Testers.

I cannot adjust my gaming experience to what others have experienced. All I can say is that I have never experienced any of what you describe. There is one bug, a landing strip bug where you was unable to take off from your airfield that I remember, but by the time I noticed it, a hotfix was already out.

Then by all means nothing needs fixed because your combination works fine. Sorry for complaining about MY situation. I had forgotten that I am not you and therefore do not matter.

ROLLS EYES

Nov 11 runs GREAT except that the runway disappears on approach in wide view. Apr 12 runs pretty dang good except for the fly to the edge of the map bug. Jul 12 has half second pauses three or four times a second. If Jul 12 ran like Apr 12 _I WOULD NOT BE COMPLAINING AT ALL_

Again, I want to know WHY patches to fix things that weren't broken in the previous patch are broken in the latest patch. Can we get smaller patches that just address the broken bits without additions of "cool"?

I love the F-14 and F-4 skins and I adore the F-4N. And the slideshow where frame rates go from 39 to 150 with a game loop spike from 1x to 16x means I can't enjoy what I've paid for because the installer checks the revision level before unzipping a file into a folder. And I still don't have an answer to why installing skins for a Phantom necessitates the folder for, say, the F-104G to be returned to stock condition.

July12 seems ok to me. I've played it thru a few various campaigns with no major issues. Still getting plenty of misses with older missiles, soviet naval SAMs still knock me out of the air if I don't evade properly. A little stuttering while launching for a carrier, but I am using 3rd party visuals. Q8200. 4GB RAM. GTX560 latest drivers. Win7 64bit.

Edited by arthur666

System Specs - Early 2008 Mac Pro, Bootcamp Win7 Ultimate 64-Bit SP1, 2x Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5400 CPU @ 2.8Ghz, ATI Radeon 5770 (1GB), 4GB DDR2 RAM.

It's triply frustrating to have my game ruined by the latest game patch while others are unaffected.

It just doesn't seem like:

* "Vector to Home Base" speech not working correctly on fleet- based mission is fixed. * F-14 on Easy Avionics settings now has increased radar range. * Single Mission screen sometimes not showing the Mission Year correctly is fixed. * Mission Editor not saving out fleets with two or more carriers is fixed.

Should have had a major effect with SOME builds when the radar is active on planes that use the 60's avionics dll.

I'm seeing no problems with the latest patch level but consider that DLC's should only be updating the bare minimum to accommodate the DLC.

Just Did Reinstall For SF2 Lineup. My Load Order For My Merged Install As Follows.

SF2V_setup_Oct2011/SF2E_setup_Oct2011/SF2I_setup_Nov2011/SF2_auto_update_Nov2011_to_Jul2012

SF2x2_setup_Jul2012/SF2NA_setup_Jul2012/SF2_DLC011_CampaignCustomizer_setup_Jul2012

SF2_Extractor_setup_Apr2012/SF2_GunsEditor_setup_Apr2012/SF2_WeaponsEditor_setup_Apr2012

Cleared Up Some Minor Controller Issues I Had Due To Install Order.I Save My Download Links

And Just Click For Updated Installers.Also Have SFP1 Original Disc-WOV Original Disc-WOE Original Disc.

Once My Mods Are Proofed Save For Speedload. Backups Burned And Tucked Away Until Next Patch Spincycle!!

Guest Seal

I have one question. I recently purchased SF2 NA

My Merged Install:

SF2

SF2 Vietnam

SF2 Europe

Patched with July 2012 Patch

Can I install NA over it?

ah, yuup!!!

TK changed it up so you dont have to install in order anymore. only quirks are that you HAVE to have SF2Israel for EXP1 and HAVE to have SF2Europe for EXP2.

Guest Seal

I installed and it works so far. Don'r have EXP1 and EXP2. It's good to know that we can install in any order right now. :biggrin: