JollyRogerTwo

No Cockpit after installing Early MiG Series Cockpit Upgrade/Repair Package

SFP1, Edward's KAW Campaign.

This cockpit mod is a re-build of Ordway's Early MiG pits for use in ALL the 3rd Wire Series. The pit I'm interested in is the MiG-15bis.

I had Pako's & Column Five's MiG-15bis installed and running with a cockpit visible. I followed the instructions to update the cockpit as far as I can tell however when I select the MiG -15 and go flying I feel quite a draft because I have no cockpit. The skins are there on the other elements and I can see my wings but I'm flying with no cockpit around me. No big problem everything is backed up.

I removed the old cockpit folder and installed the new one. I've made sure the proper entries are in the proper files and everything required was copy and pasted into the M15b folder. Because the MiG has no avionics to speak of I did not have to change as many entries as was needed for the other later model MiGs.

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=MiG-15bis (Fagot)

AircraftDataFile=MiG-15bis_DATA.INI

CockpitDataFile=MiG-15bis_COCKPIT.ini

HangarScreen=MiG-15bis_hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=MiG-15bis_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=MiG-15bis_LOADOUT.INI

With Hurricane Sandy nipping at our heels having her wicked way with the poor souls hunkered down along our Outerbanks this is not my greatest concern tonight. I am however interested in figuring out the problem. Now that I have the ability to fly for both sides in this campaign I'd enjoy that improved pit. I bet the new pit in the new KAW Series 2 must be fantastic.

post-80254-0-16524500-1351396818.jpg

Keep safe in them winds and waters!!

the ini and folder looks ok....

is the LOD in the cockpit folder??? (been a while since I used Ordway's pit)

Wrench,

Here is a pix showing the cockpit folder. I believe I followed your Readme instructions to the letter. Now, I had not installed Ordway's mod before adding your cockpit upgrade but I did have Pasko's & Column-Five's MiG-15bis installed and running (got it here). This fact doesn't seem to matter because it is stated in the Readme:

"if you're installing where you've added Mr. Ordway's Original Package, you'll need to delete ANY and ALL inis and folders that pertain to the original Ordway mod. These are designed to COMPLETELY replace them."

I am attaching a pix of the updated cockpit folder. I'm lucky that I can pick your brain on this as it is apparently your mod. How you can remember something you did that long ago is a mystery to me.

As for Sandy, we have been lucky this far inland at least so far. It's been overcast for several days and we've had some wind and rain but nothing like we've experienced from hurricanes before. The coast is getting battered as Sandy moves northward. The worst may come when Sandy hooks inland and merges with a cold front to explode into a huge Nor'easter. It will widen then and be so large it will still reach into eastern NC. We are told to expect 40 MPH winds or higher at that time. Looks like we'll need to feed the cat some rocks so he won't blow away. ;)

post-80254-0-17497400-1351437014.jpg

tha's weird...eveything is there, including the lod

Edited by Wrench

OK, I located the original Ordway pit mod here and installed that over the original Pasko/Column Five MiG-15bis. That runs fine and the cockpit is an obvious improvement over what I had. Naturally, all WrenchStuff being superior in every way, I would still like to get your upgrade to work if you have any ideas.

Previously I had thunk that I only patched Edward's KAW campaign to the '06 patch level. However on perusal of the update log file in the main KAW folder it seems that it was updated to the SFP1 Patch v08.30.06. I do seem to recall reading somewhere that others had managed that with no problem. Maybe it is a patch issue? Anyway Ordway's pit works. The Ordway pit update /repaint did not work or if it did it worked in a way that, as my young granddaughter calls un-visible. ;)

Any further help will be appreciated.

iirc, ordways POST dates mine; or did i fiddle with his?? been so long ago...

like we used to say in the shop; if it work, don't fix it!!

Edited by Wrench

Wrench,

Here is the orig.

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=a-4b_cockpit

Offset=0.0,-0.08,-0.03

Position=0.0,0.4,0.9

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

Here is Ordway's

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=MeteorF8_cockpit

Offset=0.0,-0.08,-0.03

Position=0.0,4.437,0.658

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

Here is what the update added (The re-build of Ordway's Early MiG pits)

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=MeteorF8_cockpit

Offset=0.0,-0.08,-0.03

Position=0.0,0.55, 0.7

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

It is raining here again and because this is such a massive storm, as it comes inland near NJ we are told to expect up to 50 MPH wind gusts from noon through 6 AM tomorrow. We might have some limbs or trees down and power outages. With all of that, no doubt, we will get off lucky compared to those in the north. Had it not been for that big cold front Sandy would have come inland here.

Thanks for your help with this. No, I won't try to 'fix' Ordway's mod since it is working. ;)