Geezer

Storm Over The Sahara

11 hours ago, LloydNB said:

The beauty of it is that all the same aircraft , equipment and scenery can be used for East Africa and there is even the beginnings of a suitable terrain.

Yeah, plus there were several more obsolete aircraft used in East Africa, such as the Wellesley and Caproni Ca133.  What map are you referring to?

32_1_b1.jpg

wellesley-1.jpg

Edited by Geezer

Progress shot of the 1940 desert war aircraft.  On the S.79, you can see test colors for a desert camo scheme.  When the FE version is complete Guuruu will consider making a more complex version for SF.

weathered composite-2.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

In addition to the Wellesley, I might make a Valencia.  It just oozes character and atmosphere! :biggrin:

4191450690_73a00c5c97_b.jpg

Valentia Gun fit.jpg

valentiacol.jpg

• Like 3

Been pretty busy with RL but got some work done on some desert trucks.  I'm working on some high poly models that are not suitable for TW's antique game engine - green trucks in foreground.  Lower poly trucks, suitable for the TW game engine, have partially completed skins that resemble the finished product   Final shot shows a selection of other high poly vehicles in development that will be placed in Tunisian scenes using the Unreal Engine.

3RO-1.jpg

3RO-2.jpg

Shot-4.jpg

• Like 3

I was thinking of the Eritrea/Ethiopia terrain for SF2.  The objects are all modern but at least it wouldn't be starting from stratch. 

Even the Madagascar terrain for SF2 would be useable if we were thinking of the invasion of the Vichy territory in 1942.

I do love the vehicles. Have you considered the Italian L3 series of tankettes? They saw wide service in Spain and North Africa. I'm still looking for evidence that they were employed in East Africa.

14 hours ago, LloydNB said:

I was thinking of the Eritrea/Ethiopia terrain for SF2.  The objects are all modern but at least it wouldn't be starting from stratch. 

Even the Madagascar terrain for SF2 would be useable if we were thinking of the invasion of the Vichy territory in 1942.

I do love the vehicles. Have you considered the Italian L3 series of tankettes? They saw wide service in Spain and North Africa. I'm still looking for evidence that they were employed in East Africa.

Contact me by PM and I'll send you some LODs for testing.  Been thinking about making Italian L3 and British MK6 tanks, but haven't gotten around to it.

Edited by Geezer

That Fiat CR.32 is one of the best-looking aircraft I have seen in this sim, it was great to see it released.

A beautiful and detailed model of what I think was always a very attractive aircraft!

The Vickers Valencia is not what you would call a beautiful aircraft (big and awkward are two words which come to mind) but it would be great to see it in the sim too.

We already have a Vickers Wellesley, though:

Wellesley_EastAfrica1.JPG

Edited by Gatling20

Well some of us have access to the Wellesley.

Most of us, don't

Agreed.

The aircraft Geezer has released thus far, the Gladiator, Fiat CR.32 and Fiat CR.42, are great-looking models.