It seems I can't fly single missions on the "light" air activity. "Light" is my pace for ACM. Flying on "normal" air activity is too much for me and for my disability. Is there a way to fix this?

Falcon

not that I'm aware of!!

First time in all these years, that question has ever come up!!!

are the Commies just not showing up?? (they're cowards, ya know!! :biggrin: ) or some error message?

not that I'm aware of!!

First time in all these years, that question has ever come up!!!

are the Commies just not showing up?? (they're cowards, ya know!! :biggrin: ) or some error message?

They're showing up in "normal" air activity mode but they aren't showing up in "light" air activity mode.

Falcon

in which Missions?

If you choose a recon, intercept or cap mission they show up.

For example in a strike mission they don´t (in light air activity)

it is so since Strike Fighters Project 1....

A good way to control / edit enemy air activity is the mission editor from TK....

Edited by Soulfreak

since I did almost all my testing on Normal and Hard....I never noticed it!

Carlo, that's an interestering fact!! something I never knew!

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1

damnit!!!! I did it again!! that's TWICE this year ... getting old sucks!!

sorry, Carlo!!!

.... but I'ld be proud to be Carlo for a while, if You like, just remember don't speak German, please. :biggrin:

.... but I'ld be proud to be Carlo for a while, if You like, just remember don't speak German, please. :biggrin:

But you are still you, only I´m you (in Bob´s eyes)!!! :blink::lol:

Edited by Soulfreak

damnit!!!! I did it again!! that's TWICE this year ... getting old sucks!!

sorry, Carlo!!!

That surprised me too which is why I created my thread asking question about it. I posted it at this link:

http://combatace.com/topic/75570-question-about-editting-air-activities-in-terrain/

Since I am back to SF2, I am learning more about modding SF2 so I can do more things for this community. Right now I am still studying many different .ini files from Korea V3 terrain and so far, I am still unable to find one that is related to editing the size/number of forces in air that is connected to 'light, normal, and heavy' air activities. I am learning this part so I can experiment with it and tweak with 'how many' aircraft being spawn for each terrains with customized "light, normal, heavy' air activities. This is very interesting aspect of terrain for sure. FalcCAF45 encouraged me back into modding SF2 now and I have great thank to him for that. Since I am back into modding SF2, I just remembered my old passion into modding any games, especially this simulator. I used to do lot of modding of SF1 and SF2 in past where I created my own personal mini mods. However, now I am going to start sharing mods with this community whenever I am done with each of my mods.

in which Missions?

If you choose a recon, intercept or cap mission they show up.

For example in a strike mission they don´t (in light air activity)

it is so since Strike Fighters Project 1....

A good way to control / edit enemy air activity is the mission editor from TK....

In cap and fighter sweep. In light air activity there is no enemy. This is my first separate install of a SF2 mod. I have never experienced this in my regular merged SF2 install. If I need to use the mission editor to do a relaxing quick hop, that's too much work and take up limited time I guess I'll delete the separate install & just install the KAW aircraft and the terrain.

Falcon

OK, I installed the KAW aircraft & terrain in my regular SF2 merged install. I am having same problem with enemy aircraft not appearing in light air activity in the Korea terrain. Now the enemy does appear when using the stock TW Desert terrain in light air activity. Strange. SIGH, looks like I can't enjoy the Korea conflict if I can't play it my preferred way.

Falcon

falcon, have you tried doing something I've never reccomended:

open the Bad Guys ™ aircaft data ini, and change all them to VERY_COMMON.

see what happens.

it that don't wokr, well, I'm sorry you wont' be enjoying the terrain as it was designed (but, you can still 'free flight' with recon missions! There's plenty of Easter Eggs to find!)

Edited by Wrench

see what happens.

it that don't wokr, well, I'm sorry you wont' be enjoying the terrain as it was designed (but, you can still 'free flight' with recon missions! There's plenty of Easter Eggs to find!)

I'll try that next. Thanks Wrench for helping. Really appreciate it.

Falcon

see what happens.

Well, except for La-11, all NK Bad Guys aircraft have VERY_COMMON in Availability lines except in export availability lines.

Falcon

change the export start date too, in the date in AND the userlist ini. They have to match (as the Fang is originall Soviet, and exprted to PRC and NK)

change the export start date too, in the date in AND the userlist ini. They have to match (as the Fang is originall Soviet, and exprted to PRC and NK)

Rgr, will post results later today.

Falcon

So far its working. Even though I didn't see my "primary target", my F4U flight engaged few MiG-15A's. Think you fixed my problem with "Light" air activity YAY! Now I can install the optional stuff in the korea terrain starting the optional groundobject folder and Stary's terrain enhanced tiles.

Falcon

Excellent! Bro, I am so glad you got it fixed, I want to learn more about how you fix it later when you get online.

:airplane: