Sign in to follow this  
TheWarrior

Lack of land based anti air fire and weapons.

So in my PTO install, I have no land based anti air defense fire and the weapons emplacements don't show either. I have the weapons mod installed but with no luck. Now I have ETO installed as well and I don't have this problem with it. Any ideas?

In My WWII installs I changed all the Vehicls with Michineguns (M3GMC an such) to GroundObjectRole=MOBILE_AAA instad of tank. Lots of flak now.

if it has wheels, MOBILE_AAA

if not, STATIC_AAA

i've never have a problem with 'too little' AAA -- of course, as the terrain dude, I stuff the little bugger everywhere there's an open space!!! :biggrin:

Ok. I just down loaded the SF-2 AA pack and now I have AA guns for the Americans and British. I still have non for the Japaness.

look in the 1stGEn downloads for Geo's ground object pak ..

unfortunately, you're going to be doing a lot of editing to folderize and write inis for them to bring to 08/SF2 compliance.

look in the 1stGEn downloads for Geo's ground object pak ..

unfortunately, you're going to be doing a lot of editing to folderize and write inis for them to bring to 08/SF2 compliance.

Yea I have down loaded that one. Like you said, I had to make folders for them. I got the bofers working but still having problems with the Type 88 and 96. I know it's most likely I'm miss naming them.

So having to make folders for the Japaness AA guns. First on is Type88_AA. In side it has I have the following files JAP.bmp, JAPSOLDIER.bmp, Type88_AA.ini, Type88_AA.LOD, Type_88_AA.ini and weapons bmp. Is that what you guys have too? The Type96_AA is set up the same.

them copy the ones you from type_88 folder to the type 96 folder only way has far has i know(how i did it)

them copy the ones you from type_88 folder to the type 96 folder only way has far has i know(how i did it)

Do you rename the folderand if so what do you rename it?

My updated folder (named Type88_AA) includes the following:

Type88_AA.ini

Type88_AA.LOD

Type88_AA_DATA.ini

Type88_AA_Userlist (created by myself)

a sub-folder named Green with Textureset.ini and two bmp textures JAP and JAPSOLDIER- I routinely rearrange these to enable the possibility of repaints, they can be left in the Type88_AA folder and will still work.

Remember some sfp1 items are seriously old and lack the [GroundobjectData] statement in the object ini (Type88_AA.ini in this example)- have a look at the bofors ini that works if you need an example.

userlists are not necessay for the jap stuff ... they're nationalized, non-exported, single user items

remember, they set up the pretty much the same a 08 style GOs

This is what the main ini should look like; all other will be the same, with different 'object names' of course! :biggrin:

[GroundObjectData]

ObjectFullName=Type 88 AA

ObjectDataFile=Type88_AA_DATA.INI

[LOD001]

Filename=Type88_AA.lod

Distance=8000

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE

ShadowLOD=

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=400