Sign in to follow this  
Derk

New experience ? (a message from prehistoric times...)

While taking off in the SAAB J29F Tunnan, I overrotated somewhat , once airborne retracted the undercarriage and the flaps, cut the afterburner and climbed away. In external vieuw the plane showed what looked like a condens trail from the fuselage while In the cockpit the needle of fuel gauge visibly moved in the direction of zero.... Repeated the procedure and the same thing happened. Tried it out further and indeed ran out of fuel (dead stck landing, fun)

Well, still discovering things in SF1, never experienced in the game what was obviously a fuel leak :cry: , anyone else ???

:bye:

Edited by Derk
  • Like 1

I never get that. I just seem to get dead if the AI hits my aircraft at any point. Derk, what gameplay settings are you using? Just curious...

Edited by SayWhatt
  • Like 1

Was loosing fuel due to battle damage many times, with visible leakage trail from one of the wings on F-100, F-4 and other planes in WOV and SF2 Vietnam. It's definitely inplemented.

I think that you has overstreched (over-g-ed, does this word exist?) the plane and ruptured the fuel tanks.

Oh yeah...fuel leaks definitely are there.

Hell, I remember one time getting an engine shot out...limped home on the remaining one. Couldn't even autopilot because the game would say 'Too damaged!'...

FC

I never get that. I just seem to get dead if the AI hits my aircraft at any point. Derk, what gameplay settings are you using? Just curious...

Nothing special SayWhatt, but the cause may be that the J-29 model has only one big non self healing fuel tank and the min-max extent positions may have to do with it. Either or not catching fire is probably hidden somewhere deep in the system, didn't tweak anythimg on that and didn't search for it. Don't know where the fuel vapour trail comes from....

[FuselageFuelCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=1

MaxFuelAmount=1742.7

SelfHealing=FALSE

FireSuppression=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=-0.55,-0.19, 0.16

MaxExtentPosition= 0.55, 1.67, 0.55

Yes I agree, it's

SelfHealing=FALSE

that "allows" the tank to have a leak when something touches it.

The Canberra had its n°3 fuselage tank non-selfhealing, while the n°1 and 2 are. I discovered that this way ; )