Sign in to follow this  
Foxbat1966

Replacment VID card advice ?

I am running an HP Pentium 4 2.4GHz XP home SP2 with an Nvidia GeForce Ti 4200 AGP 8X 128 mb vid card. The card is sick and may die very soon. Any advice on a NEW replacment for the card will be grate. Please don't suggest computer replacment thats out of the question for now. THANKS !!

A ti4200!?!?!? No joke I had the 4400 TEN years ago.

AGP is dead. I don't know that you CAN find a new AGP card anywhere. You might be able to buy a used one on ebay if you're lucky. PCI Express replaced it years ago now.

Wow, I'm shocked there are that many still available new. From $43 to $120 in options, too.

XFX Radon HD 4650 AGP, 1GB DDR2 Ram ,AGP 8X support, DirectX 10.1 Suport, I got mine last year at Fry's for $94.00 New. I'm Running a P4 2CPU 3.2GHz XP SP3, 2GB DDR2 Ram , Don't remember the Bus speed. Last Legs for this rig,But with the Radon I got an other 1 1/2 years out of it and It's still going.

Edited by RAVEN

A ti4200!?!?!? No joke I had the 4400 TEN years ago.

AGP is dead. I don't know that you CAN find a new AGP card anywhere. You might be able to buy a used one on ebay if you're lucky. PCI Express replaced it years ago now.

Yes this computer / vid card combo were put together in 2002 and have NEVER choked on any think untill now . I still like the grafics and I have ben running 1920 x 1200 most of that time. I see thes NEW THING talking about HD vid and think WHY ARE WE GOING BACKWARDS !!! THANKS for your input but I think it mite really be time for a new unit !! #%^ *& !!