Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 WW2 Spitfire Mk.1A by Mod Mafia/TMF

= For SF2, Full-4/5 Merged (Reccomended/Preferred) =

*Note: There is a distinct possibility that this mod may not work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs at any patch level, due to the excessive modifications made to fit them into the SF2 environment. End Users ™ that attempt to do so, do so at their own risk.*

A brand "new" model that was never completed when Bpao passed away a few year back. I've been fortunate enough to be allowed to complete his work, as a member of the Mod Mafia.

This is the Vickers/Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1A. This pak contains skins/decal sets for the following RAF Squadrons:

No. 41

No. 54

No. 92

No. 610

in their 'Battle of Britain' livery. National markings are painted on, and all the aircraft use a 'pool' of indvidual call letters (A,B,C, etc) and serial numbers (all historiclly Mk.1s). Each has the Squadron letters (DW, EB, QJ, etc) also as decals. This will make it easier for other squadrons to be created by simply making new 2-digit Squadron letters. There is a blank bmp called "DW" in the 41 Squadron decals folder that can be resued for this. Those that know how, can duplicate my work quite easily.

All skins are in jpg format, Decal Randomization is TRUE. A new SF2 version of the original 'box art' hangar and loading screens are included. Damage textures are dds format. A 'destroyed.lod' is included, taken from the WW2 terrains (its used for destroyed statics). Those with SF2I Expansion Pak1 can easliy switch to the 3W destroyed Spit lod.

The canopy/entry door open with the Standard Animation Keystroke ™, Shift/0. For those RAF Squadron listed in the game's SquadronList.ini, my 'fake sqtail' decal will activate their "Displayed Name" on the LoadoutScreen.

When 'in game', you'll see "Spitfire Mk.1A (TMF)" on the aircraft drop-down selection window. This will differentiate it from any other Mk.1s you may have. The Official Squadron Crest ™ is used for the 'paint chip' for each skin.

As always, fairly easy to follow, detailed install instructions are included. So, please READ them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too for futher explinations, clarifactions, illuminations and so forth.

Good Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

For Oli; you are sorely missed!

Wrench, man, you are bringing a tear to my eye. . .

Great work, to all who contributed - S!

Interesting bit of kit... As it uses the texture map originally done for Patrick Didier's CFS3 Spitfire MkI (are the models related?) then I already have a fair few 2048x skins for it, too, as I did some of the aircraft used in the CFS3 Battle of Britain extension.

Well, it does seem to work. This is Sgt George Unwin's X4179 from No.19 Sqn, which as I said above, I did for CFS3. All I've done here is export it as a BMP file, although it does need the oil cooler, etc, painting in.

Interestingly, the mapping on the cockpit door is out of line. It was on Patrick Didier's, as well, and I had to ask the modeller responsible for upgrading it in CFS3 to get it sorted out - although offhand, they do not appear to be the same model.

In any case, a welcome addition! Well done chaps!

img00135.jpg

img00134.jpg

img00133.jpg

img00132.jpg

img00131.jpg

img00130.jpg

And finding the bit for the oil coolers didn't take long - it's one of the places where the updated CFS3 texture map was changed from the original, which is being used here.

This is Alec Lumsden's steed:

img00140.jpg

img00139.jpg

img00138.jpg

img00137.jpg

img00136.jpg

If anybody's interested, I'll upload them, but for the time being, I don't have the time to go through the whole rigmarole of doing code letters and serial numbers - getting the panel lines to appear correctly across the codes takes ages...

which is exactly WHY decals are used!! One squadron code letter set, "pool" of individual letter. much easier!!!

nice skins Nigel!!

as can be seen, the LOD dates from 2006, and i don't have the MAX file for either of the Spits (Mk.1 and Mk.VIII); although I do have the MAX for the uncompleted Mk.IX (but as theres a stock 3W one, and we have your skins for it....)

Edited by Wrench

I can get the GMAX for the updated CFS3 one though...

Speaking of which, I have the GMAX source for an as-yet-unreleased CFS3 Blenheim IV which would knock the current model into the bushes, if someone is prepared to convert it.

15-Bb.jpg

15-Ba.jpg

Edited by ndicki

we can sure use it!!

I'd post in the Mods/Skinning forum. I don't know how many "takers" we'd get, but it's definatly worth putting the word out.

Absolutely no idea. Let me look...

No. Available formats are m3d for CFS3, Plasma, GMAX, and I think that's it. Whether 3DS can read any of them, I don't know, but Cesar manages somehow - some of his are ex-CFS3.

Edited by ndicki

which is exactly WHY decals are used!! One squadron code letter set, "pool" of individual letter. much easier!!!

Won't work - the style of lettering used differed substantially from squadron to squadron, more at this time than later on, and that was bad enough!

Absolutely no idea. Let me look...

No. Available formats are m3d for CFS3, Plasma, GMAX, and I think that's it. Whether 3DS can read any of them, I don't know, but Cesar manages somehow - some of his are ex-CFS3.

i dont know too lets someone does know to get in max after it in 3d max i can take the rest of the work just need it format i can load it in max whiout distorcions so i dont have to rebluid all of it!

Nigel, if you want the template, just ask!!! :biggrin:

Nigel, if you want the template, just ask!!! :biggrin:

Got it already, thanks! Each one weighs about 80,000 KB... And there are a good ten or twelve. Don't ask me why my disks are saturated and my memory low...

i dont know too lets someone does know to get in max after it in 3d max i can take the rest of the work just need it format i can load it in max whiout distorcions so i dont have to rebluid all of it!

Er... What?

so...

why is your disk saturated and your memory low????

:biggrin:

you KNEW I couldn't resist that one!!!

you think that's bad, the F-80 templates weigh it at over 365,200kb (well, it IS just the one sheet & 4096x4096) Completly chokes - I mean to DEATH!!! PS 6 and 7. Have to save, and the finish 'save as...' in paint.net

Don't forget, there's a Mk.VIII coming too, that has the (almost) identical mapping.

Edited by Wrench

sorry fast typing wend i was not felling well yesterday

if someone can put the Blenheim IV in 3ds Max format in a way that i dont to remake alot of parts i can take the from there.