Sign in to follow this  
Tuba2

missing msstdfmt.dll

I was reinstalling OFF and now when I start the program I receive a message about the program not being able to start due to a missing "msstdfmt.dll" file. I have not removed or changed any other files so I am a little puzzled by this message. I did install a good backup copy (Cut & Paste) over the one that seemed to be having problems thinking any corrupted files would be over written by the good copy. Is this the problem and should I have deleted the original and then done the Cut and Paste?

IL2FB 1946, Flight Sim 2004, Battle of Britain II, Rise of Flight and others seem to have no problem running.

What are the suggested solutions for this problem?

Thanks,

Tuba2

Something has removed a system file, or deleted the file it's a Visual Basic dll I believe.

You can try the fix below this in the first place, seems to be a similar issue.

http://support.kanors-emr.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=263&PID=1173&SID=98837f48-1564-9f59de96-z15256a2-73db6eae&title=class-not-registered-msstdfmtdll#1173

If you still have an issue maybe best to clean out OFF first including registry entries and reinstall carefully, installing the correct patches as per the FAQ.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Installation_and_settings

then if still a problem contact support with your order number and OS and specific error in detail.