Sign in to follow this  
TeargasHorse

Mods to SF2NA not being seen

Hi. I have just recently added NA to my installs, and edited all game.exe options folders to point at the options.ini ( E:\ThirdwireNA\Mods\options.ini). Now here's the thing, if I use Exp2.exe all the mods show, but not the SF2NA gear; SF2NA only uses default gear (terrains/weapons etc..). I'm not sure what I missed, did NA change where mod files are found?

Access the Iceland terrain, aircraft, missions, etc, from EXP2, then.

are you flying in the correct year range? IcelandNA has a VERY limted date range

from the main ini:

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=1976

EndDate=1984

most assuredily, they need extension in BOTH directions (but you wont see Soviet CVs before 76, nor the surface fleet either)

as to where, the mods folder sets up exactly the same for NA as the others, if you wan stuff in SF2NA (run from the NA exe), it'll have to go inot the 'Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic" mods folder.

edit:

also, never screw around with the Options ini, except to "fix" the year spreads as per the Knowledge Base post, and to turn off the ObjectFade (if it becomes annoying)

Edited by Wrench

I have not changed anything in the Options.ini, only the game launch .config to point to the Mods folder inside SF2NA. In SF2NA, the game does not see any mods at all, no Terrains or aircraft outside of the default combined games. For example, I have the America Midwest map, but it will not show in either EXP or NA.This is the line in the launch.exe that I changed:

[Options]

OptionsFile=E:\ThirdwireNA\Mods\Options.ini

sounds lilke some of the problems dsawan was having. looking at that path, is safe to assume the NA mods folder is NOT on the C drive.

Try putting it BACK there, and see what happens. (and delete or renamed to tweeked options ini, and let the engine rebuild a new mods folder)

methinks there's a dll or exe glicth in coding somewhere.

when sitting on the C, everything tends to work as advertised. For some, it works elsewhere (D/E/F/Z) for others, not so much

Edited by Wrench

Hey Wrench, I reverted every thing to default state (options=options.ini on the c drive, C:\Users\TeargasHorse\Saved Games\ThirdWire) and none of the addons will show up in ANY of the merged games with NA. My original install with everything up to SF2E works with all addons. For some reason the NA merged install will not see the addon mods.

that is just frakking WEIRD!!!! All my addons show up.

you're defnately putting them in the

C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic\Objects

folders (like /Aircraft /Decals /Weapons and so forth?)

can you take a screenie of the folder structure and post it???

roger, the path to the filename is correct. Here's a question, in SF1 series, whenever there was a ptch, I had to reinstall all addons back into the folders, even if they were still in there for the game to see them, maybe that is going on?

Caveat, this was a clean install, and I did not transfer any addons into the mods folder. When I created the Mods folder inside the E: drive SF2NA directory, I then copied the mods from the E: drive alternate installation directly, but, when I explore C:\users.... ALL OF THE FILES FROM THE MODS ARE IN THERE...WTF??!!

So here's my next plan, I'm going to delete all the addons, leaving only the options.ini on the C:\Users, and see what happens.

617297_2574932229388_1845679561_o.jpg

Edited by TeargasHorse

why does it say "SF2NA Exp"????

here's mine..

Edited by Wrench

Oh man, here's a new one, "DirectX object failed to load" when starting North Atlantic.exe.

Ok, i''m gonna un/re install the whole kit and leave all @ default and see.

Thanks for the help, Wrench.

is you DX up to date?

Mods problem fixed, I pointed my Options path to the previous install Mods folder ini. A new problem surfaced, will be a new thread.