Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

To all the American members here....

make sure you vote today! don't care your party or preference and PLEASE dont turn it political and get this moved to the Arena. just make sure you go and vote.

i did.

• Like 2

Unless all you know of the candidates and proposals is what is said on TV and memes....then do the US a favor and stay home.

I'm obviously not from USA but will always support a call for voting anywhere, this is your time, the only true failures in life are those things we never even attempted to do.

Completed and mailed in my absentee ballot several weeks ago.

-Jeff

Voting is a much more a responsibility than a right, so get out there and vote. Your vote has an affect on much more than just what happens inside your borders!

Edited by SayWhatt

Done!

SayWhatt is absolutely right, Voting is a responsibility not a right!

I just wish more people knew what they were voting for. ; )

Congrats to the US of A, also for voters turning up in such great numbers !!!! :good:

Once again, the mechanics of the electoral college rear their head as one wins by a landslide there while only having 25,000 more actual votes nationwide! Because it doesn't matter if you get 99% of a state or 50.01%, you get all that state's votes. So with literally 50.01% of the nation's voters, over 300 to just over 200 in the electoral college.

Shades of 2000 all over again.

Edited by JediMaster

Its a strange system, but it seems to be work better than others.

That of course depends on who you ask! Some Democrats in 2000 were quite upset since Gore actually managed to net more votes (just not over 50.01% in as many states as he needed), and I'm sure there are an equal number upset in the GOP today!

However, compared to many countries I can't recall a single instance of a "run off" election in the US presidential race, unlike many other countries, so it does save some time and headache there.