Monaco

Mongolia

Paraguay

Sao Tome and Principe

Sweden

Tajikistan

Uzbekistan

Vatican City

The reason Sweden was never invaded is long standing Alliances. You ever wonder where Royal Navy got most of their wood for Nelsons fleet? YO!

However, I do wonder if the list take into account the changing borders of nationstates or just applies the term "Invasion" to military or political action on current maps.

• Like 1

or The Beatles!!

They were never here either(good decision)...so I don't know what is this all about, maybe if they count the Beetles invasions like Wrench noted...

The Brits already invade Monaco, but with an army of Aston-Martin and Rolls-Royce cars...

You know for such a small Island we did go around kicking butt quite a bit...

How often was England invaded? You could argue we did it twice, raid on the Medway and the glorious revolution.

Well, Brazil was never invaded as a sovering country, perhaps because of our giant size i guess...but well, we have invaded Paraguay :p

oh well, that was that time with dutch but it was when we still a colony.

:alcoholic:

raid on the Medway

Here we go again. A raid is a military action. It is not an invasion.

What you did was like Pearl Harbour, not D-Day. See the Difference?

Can someone tell me exactly when the British invaded Russia? Honestly I can't recall a single thing.

Hmmm...perhaps this:

The remainder have been included because the British were found to have achieved some sort of military presence in the territory – however transitory – either through force, the threat of force, negotiation or payment.

Incursions by British pirates, privateers or armed explorers have also been included, provided they were operating with the approval of their government.

is a little too inclusive? I think the definition of "invasion" used is far too broad.

Here we go again. A raid is a military action. It is not an invasion.

What you did was like Pearl Harbour, not D-Day. See the Difference?

True, I see the difference, but they counted raids in the article, even pirate actions.

Can someone tell me exactly when the British invaded Russia? Honestly I can't recall a single thing.

Hmmm...perhaps this:

is a little too inclusive? I think the definition of "invasion" used is far too broad.

Crimean war I guess.

Britain has invaded the entire world in many ways, not only military.

The musical way is an example :biggrin: .

Edited by SLUFF

Oh, I wasn't even thinking that far back. I guess I needed to think back farther than 150 years for that.

You know for such a small Island we did go around kicking butt quite a bit...

England perfected bank debt as military funding, and maritime drug running with the RN to protect it lol, against China most notably. We did the same thing with our fast ships so not complaining here.

Vietnam is my fave regarding defense against outsiders. There was this massive naval battle a thousand Yarns ago, where the Chinese sailed up a river and the Viets spiked the bottom and hung up all the ships and....it was a massacre.

Arguably, Oz and New Zealand should be on this list since neither of those nations existed when the Poms colonised them. The Maori and Aboriginal people faced invasion, persecution and genocide, but one could argue they weren't nation states at the time. Unless you mean that you guys have invaded Oz to attempt to secure Ramsey Street here (to secure the valuable source of Neighbours episodes) and NZ whenever you make feeble attempts to compete against those glorious spartan warriors, the All Blacks, only to be beaten to a bloody pulp and shipped over here to recuperate in Erinsborough and to beg for forgiveness for your folly from your messiah, Paul Robinson... :tongue:

You can safely add most of the countries named: every time a British soccer team comes to play, the "fans" effectively invade the country, doesn't matter if you call it a raid or an invasion: normal life stops...... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Derk

Frankly, that's been far more devastating to the local population than the British ones!

It´s not àthological warmonering...only (8) i still haven´t found what i´m lookin for (8)

Britain has invaded the entire world in many ways, not only military.

if you have a toilet, running water, electricity and a refrigerator at home, then you're most likely a victim of British cultural and technological 'invasion' back to the Industrial Revolution.

two times

First the Crimean War as already emtioned

and

The russian civil war when british troops intervened on the white side.

172 countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of bloody pricks! :blum::bowdown2::butcher:

two times

First the Crimean War as already emtioned

and

The russian civil war when british troops intervened on the white side.

Ok, while I grant Crimean War, that latter was definitely NOT what would qualify as "invasion." As I said, defining it as "having your military in another's land" is far too broad, even if they're involved in combat ops. Aiding one side in a civil war shouldn't count as there are locals fighting alongside you.

By that metric, look how many countries have "invaded" the US at Red Flag in NV! It also would mean the US "invaded" Saudi Arabia in the summer of 1990.

I think "invasion" should be limited to "military forces involved in offensive operations for the purpose of taking/controlling territory/resources." Therefore Iraq and Afghanistan DO qualify as the objective was the in-vogue term "regime change" which is another way of saying "putting in a gov't more friendly than the one you get rid of"...definitely an attempt at control.

The british landed troops in Murmansk and Arkhangelsk to fight the Red Army. It was an invasion.

The support of polish troops by british military advisers during the polish soviet war in 1920 (or was it 21?) there i will agree with you that this was no invasion, but the fighting troops at the northern front of the Red Army was a clear invasion.