Sign in to follow this  
JFM

OT - Rudolf Berthold Book Now Available

Hello,

Just an FYI that Peter Kilduff's anticipated biography Iron Man Rudolf Berthold: Germany's Indomitable Fighter Ace of World War I is now available here: http://www.bookdepos...f/9781908117373 Suggested retail is $39.95 (31.34, £24.98, as of this post) but it's being sold for $22.69 (17.81, £14.19, as of this post), plus free worldwide shipping.

adj4nHzo.jpg

This man risked it all for his people and his country. His enemies couldn't kill him. Only to return home and be killed by his own people. So tragic. I'm deffinitly getting this book.

Hi Friends' date='

Well, I am fortunate enough to be one of the first to see this terrific new biography of Berthold:

[img']http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/Gregvan/Bertholdbook.jpg[/img]

This is yet another amazing accomplishment by Peter Kilduff. Using new sources previously unavailable, he charts the story of this incredible, fascinating and enigmatic character. Peter located the previously unseen personal wardiary of Berthold, and presents many wonderful first-hand accounts by the 'Iron Man" (most never available in English before)and those who flew with him, and against him. This book corrects a number of previously published errors and misconceptions. It's illustrated with many wonderful photos, more than a few new to me (and that's saying something!). It wraps up with a carefully researched account of Berthold's controversial death.

Three beautiful color profiles of Berthold's aircraft by the estimable Ronny Bar are featured on the back cover.

If you've any interest in German aviation, aces, or the development of aerial warfare, get this book! Berthold was one of the very few who flew from the war's opening days, almost to its end. Whatta story!

Greg

Great news, Thanks Jim!

I have ordered the book along with the "Black Fokker Leader" on Karl Degelow.