Sign in to follow this  
Geary

How do I turn off the Radar Warning Alarm?

I'm flying early jets in Korea and I hear the RW alarm. Not that I don't appreciate the warning, but don't think it was available in Korea, was it?

Are you sure you are hearing a radar warning receiver and not a stall warning horn? RWR's are specified in the cockpit ini and/or avionics in files of each specific aircraft. KAW jets won't have the entries, so unless you are using incorrect cockpit files, you aren't hearing RWR beeps. The default game uses wind noise to indicate stall warnings, but it is possible that your install has been modded to use a stall horn rather than wind noise. The stall horn could even be assigned the same sound as a RWR, though I find that highly unlikely. Good luck on figuring out the problem. Check the cockpit.ini and avionics.ini files for the aircraft in question if you are certain you are hearing RWR sounds.

knowing which aircraft would help.

Some aircraft DID have an audible warnings, usually a 'tail waring radar' (aka proximity warn -those go back to ww2 used in P-47, P-51, P-38, to say noting of RAF ones)

it'll be in the avionics.ini, as always

Check in the aircraft DATA:

[DetectSystem]

RadarType=

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L,12L

MaxVisibleDistance=4800.0

HasRWR=TRUE

Must be:

[DetectSystem]

RadarType=

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L,12L

MaxVisibleDistance=4800.0

HasRWR=FALSE

Guys,

I haven't found anything that would indicate the sound I've heard from what you've all pointed out.

It doesn't happen with every flight. Seems random, but I will keep trying to replicate it and get back to you.

Thanks,

wrong on the Data ini adjustment. What that statement does, is tell you WINGMATES they have have an RWR

the only thing that controls sounds or visual inidcation (on cockpits with the screen) is the aviionics ini.

Geary: still need to know WHICH airplane!!

Wrench,

I'm trying to figure out which one I usually hear the alarm with. It's one of the F-86's, but not sure which one. It's either the E-10, F-10 or F-15. Soon as I lock it down, I'll let you know.

ok, them's the really old ones and not to sF2 standard.; they are ALL being replaced as soon as Fubar gets me the updated FMs (he's in New Jersey, so we all know what just happened there; delays are expected)

open the avionics ini, if they have them. if those are the old tazkiller mods, they may not even have one with the radar ranging gunsight, but look for lilnes like this:

[RWR]

Type=AUDIO_ONLY

TrackSound=RWRTrackSound.wav

LockSound=RWRLockSound.wav

ThreatLaunchSAMOnly=TRUE

ThreatLaunchFlash=TRUE

LockFlash=TRUE

LockFlashRate=0.1

[RWRTrackSound]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=1

[RWRLockSound]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=1

if so, delete it. AFAIK, even late model F didn't have anything (although some of my sources seem to mention a light near the gunsight, that illuminated when the aircraft was being "looked at or locked" with a radar (smiliar to RAF WW2 'Boozer" systems)