Hi all.

Air base are not showing up. The area to include the runways are just grassy ares. As a matter of fact, you ust take off from the grass. What can I do to fix?

Thanks.

Sounds as if you're not using the right .cat file, or the proper path to one.

point it to the desert.cat, like it said in the readme. You can also try GermanyCE. all the 'naming conventions' for terrain objects use those fo the Desert.cat.

Problem being, previoulsy on 3W TV... the terrain cats had all the desert stuff still in them. Sometime around Jan2012 patch, or NA they got removed from all terrain cats BUT the desert cat.

Oddly, all airfields (Vietnam_airfield***, Germany_Airfield***, even the IsraelME) use the same lods. They just get called something different in the _data.ini.

and try ot use it ONLY in NA...the f***ing thing locks/freezes/and crashes the game when used in "standard" SF2 installs -even a full-5 merged SF2. I've never figured out why, so couldn't fix it. REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLy pisses me off!!! :biggrin:

So in the CubaOTC folder, I find DESERT_AIRFIELD1 thru 6. Is that how I know it's pointing at the desert cat?

Disrgard the last post. I found the file it's in. Yes. it dose point to the desert cat. Still not seeing the runways though. I see there is only one airfield.lod file. could that be it? Also. Got the same issue for India/Pakastan terrain.

ok...lets try and narrow this down.

do you have SF2 (plane jane), with the included Desert terrain? (can't remember from a previous post if you're Full-5 or not!)

(the airfield lod included is because of some retextureing I did to; just ignore it)

india/pak also requires the Desert.cat, although I did test it at some point with the Germany (in fact, the one i'm using now IS pointing to GCE)

It turns out I don't. I'll have to check my other computer because I thought I did. Any ways with that said, I had both Cuba and India terrain pack point to GemanyCE and now both work fine. I'll have to dig up my plain jane one.

I just wanted to enjoy Stary's brand new hires Cuba tiles, and instead ran head on into the "hangs at 80 percent" curse. The terrain is located in SF2 in a fully merged SFNA install patched to July 2012. I double checked all the ground objects were installed, re-directed the CAT pointer to the GermanyCE.cat, and then tried Kodiak's solution copying the Desert.cat into the terrain folder and renaming it CubaOTC.cat. It still hangs at 80 percent!!!!! Did anyone finally figure out a solution to this issue?

nope

other than use it in ONLY in NA. (or an NA built from mods folder). something to do with NA only coding that's not present in any other exe, even full 5 merged

of course, now we have to ask WHICH version ... my original or eburgers?