UK_Widowmaker

Thinking about my Dad today

Did your dad die on this date of today, Widow?

When I see reports about such men, who went deep into enemy heartland more or less alone,

to strike on the infrastructure, or to eliminate single important enemy persona, then I am full of

respect and admiration for their courage and determination.

I doubt I would have had such courage. Hats off to those men! They often enough saved the

lives of hundreds of soldiers with their actions.

Thank you.

No Olham...he passed away in 1996....the date is just today's..as it's rememberance Sunday :)

(Incidentaly, the most dangerous role in SOE was that of Wireless Operator, most of whom were Women...my Dad had enormous respect for them)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Ah, I see - you added the date now.

Simon, I bet you miss him a lot. But you can perhaps find some comfort in the fact,

that he fought the Nazis at the hazard of his own life. And he went much farther

there than the average soldier mostly did.

And I want to make the clear statement as a German here, that he helped to fight

down and to release Europe, and Germany, from the brown fashist regime.

I am very grateful for that.

PS/Edit: yes, I meant just the date - I know you posted about his death before.

Edited by Olham

May he rest in peace knowing he did his part for freedom. :salute: I was thinking, you could add a memorial for him here at Combatace or at find a grave if you were so inclined.

You are descended from a heavy-hitter, Simon.

Simon, a most heartfelt soldier's salute to the memory of your father. His sacrifice and service are an inspiration. Rest in peace Albert George Falla.

Did your dad ever have an opinion on Gilbert - Henri Déricourt, the reputed double agent who perhaps betrayed the Prosper network in F section?

Was Déricourt a traitor, and if so to whom? MI6 or the Gestapo or even both? Or was he just sailing very close to the wind?

Simon, that's an incredible legacy your father left you, despite is lacking in other areas - funny about us people, you just can't seem to get it all in one package... But may he rest in peace. War seems to do something to people's ability to relate, especially something like what you related on the BBC memorial - I don't know how he did what he did, that's an amazing story. Bless him and all who served so nobly.

Tom