Sign in to follow this  
Bloomster

Rudder and Aileron?

Is there a way to stop SF2 from adding aileron when i add rudder. For some reason I notice that when i apply rudder with ch rudder pedals there is a small amount of aileron added which results in a slip roll not a slip. is there anyway of stopping this?

Thanks

Col.

On which aircraft? I do not experience this at all, unless of course you are talking about the F-4, which is correctly modeled so that it rolls with rudder input, and not with the ailerons, at high angles of attack.

Aerodynamically, roll is the secondary effect of yaw due to the airflow over the outside wing moving faster than the inside wing. As airspeed increases, so does lift, hence the outside wing will rise causing a roll in the direction of yaw.

So, the sim is correctly modelled according to the real world.

Naturally you can adjust the severity of this with the _DATA.ini values.

Dels

I'm not sure if the sim has a way to implement this, but some aircraft have a rudder-aileron interconnect. This is mainly to reduce adverse aileron yaw but naturally works in reverse also.

Dels