I know I've seen references to this problem before and it's driving me crazy that none of my search terms are working. In any case, I am using a Full 5 Merged with Expansion Pack 1&2 install on the July 2012 patch level. When using the IAF Vipers (A & C, have not tested with the I), the AI planes have a control surface "flutter" during sub-sonic flight (typically between 400kts - 0.99 mach) - this is occurring on the normal flight model.

To be specific, the flaperons and elevators rapidly "flutter" up and down during flight on the AI planes - my plane does not do this. Does anyone have a hint as to what needs to be modified to fix this?

Negative stability and fly-by-wire in action?

"the F-16's quadruple-redundant fly-by-wire computer automatically makes constant split-second corrections [to the flight contol surfaces] to keep the plane stable."

http://en.wikipedia....and_fly-by-wire

It's probably not but it fits lol

Edited by dtmdragon

notice similar on F-4 AIs too... not a biggie i reckon

Tell it TK!

But I´m pretty sure he won´t change it!^^

As far as I can remember, it used to happen to me as well, possibly on even more aicraft.But I never really cared, and interpreted it as physical forces pushing the surfaces :P

It is probably some fault of the engine interpretation of the FM coding.. TK himself might be able to fix it with his thorough understanding of all the inner workings of the engine, but other than that I think we should just enjoy an awesome addon made for free. C'est la vie.

Oh, absolutely. I love the Vipers, no doubt. I was just curious as to whether there was a fix or not; since it seems to be an issue with the internal workings of the game itself, I'll just live with it!

fix flutter by testing similar a\c and use their data...fixed a few things for my stuff that way,B58 for example.

It's how pitch/roll/yaw dampening works for the AI in this series. If you set it too high (as some do to compensate for issues in the FM), that's what you get.

Interesting! It's good to know the source of the issue - thanks for the input, everyone!