Multinational Speech Pack

Multinational Speech pack version 1.0 for Strike Fighters 2

SHould work on any type of SF2 installation.

This is a compilation of speech packs brought together by me from original files mainly made for IL-2 Sturmovik and released as part of DBW. Due to the limited phrases available, it is intended more for immersion than for accuracy. I can't claim any credit for the actual recording, but I did some re-editing and re-processing to better bring the files in line with SF2. I've also included a re-processed version of Gramps' Russian Speech Pack available on Combatace.

BE WARNED: If you speak any of these languages you may not enjoy how they fit into the game. For the most part I tried to find phrases that fit the different SF2 files in general meaning, but they are far from perfect, and a few are actually just random.

You may want to turn on subtitles, at least until you get used to the different phrases.

Special note to my fellow New Zealanders: I humbly apologise for lumping us in with the Aussies, but it was the closest I could get ;-)

-----------------------------

Credits and huge thanks:

Original files provided as part of the awesome Dark Blue World mod from SAS.com for IL-2:

RAF

NZandAus

French

German

Italy

-------------------------

Originals from GONVISE for IL2:

Spain

----------------------------

Originals from Azrael-WT, TIGERLIU, CrazyDog, Northeastern Panda, Liu MM, TIGERLIU, bwhorse, treefanweijia, llb00825, bwhorse for IL2:

China

--------------

Originals from EECH and first converted by Richard "Gramps" Kaminski:

Russian

----------------

As for the Arabic, I actually can't remember where I got them from, but thanks to whoever made them.

Installation:

Place whichever pack you desire into the Speech sub-folder of your main mod folder

eg: ...username/Saved Games/Thirdwire/StrikeFighters2 Europe/Speech/German

then go to the flight folder and open the NATIONS.ini file to edit whatever nationality you want to use that particular language. Making sure to use the EXACT same spelling as the folder you're pointing to.

eg:

[Nation008]

Name=WGermany

DisplayName=German Luftwaffe

Alignment=FRIENDLY

PilotNameList=NamesGerman.lst

RankList=RanksGAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=German <------edit this line

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

StartDate=1956

[Nation017]

Name=EGermany

DisplayName=East German Air Force

Alignment=ENEMY

PilotNameList=NamesGerman.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter

Formation.Attack=SovietFighter

Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber

Formation.Transport=SovietBomber

Formation.Tank=SovietTank

Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD

PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=German <------------------and again

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

ActiveDate=1959

AlternateDecal=EGermany_OLD55

StartDate=1956

EndDate=1990

It's as easy as that.

You can use different languages for as many different countries as you wish and whenever you fly for that particular country, that is the language you will hear.

This pack is strictly freeware. Use however you want, so long as it's free.

Have fun!

Cheers

thereg

• Like 3

This´s EPIC!!!! One SFP´s milestone!! God bless you thereg! :bowdown2:

BTW, could you make a Japanese and Finnish speechs too? :ok:

Fantastic add-on, thanks mate. This really adds to the immersion of the sim.

No apology needed that the fearless sons of Anzac are lumped in together. :biggrin:

Thank you so much! I couldn't believe it when I saw your post.

Haven't tried everything yet, but so far, I like it a lot. Finally I can fly a Mirage with French comms. Huge improvement. Chinese and Arab packs are also most welcome.

If you are thinking of doing more, a Hebrew pack for Israel would get my vote.

Edited by arthur666
  • Like 1

This is Great!! Thank you very much!!! ;-)

Transforms the sim!

Thanks for all of your work on this.

five stars! really adds to the sim, esp. Nato Fighters add-on. Hindi-English, as spoken in India, would also be most welcome!

Would it be possible to convert some more speechpacks from IL-2 to SF2, like Finnish?

one word:

copyright

MissionData001.cat is where it resides

use the 3W extractor, and toss it into your /Flight folder (you'll probably have to create one)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Lockheed Starfighter F.2
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2 interceptor-fighter with markings for ten classic 1960's RAF Fighter Command squadrons - mainly real world Lightning squadrons but with No.43 Squadron added in as they were a famous interceptor squadron in the Phantom era. The service dates are confined to 1963 to 1969 but you can easily edit this to suit your tastes.
      RAF Squadrons covered; 5, 11, 19, 23, 29, 43, 56, 74, 92, 111.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Special thanks to bobrock for the excellent F-104G template used here for the skin and the specular maps.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 25th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 12/30/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Lockheed Starfighter F.2 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock Third Wire F-104G to give a 'what if' Starfighter F.2 interceptor-fighter with markings for ten classic 1960's RAF Fighter Command squadrons - mainly real world Lightning squadrons but with No.43 Squadron added in as they were a famous interceptor squadron in the Phantom era. The service dates are confined to 1963 to 1969 but you can easily edit this to suit your tastes.
      RAF Squadrons covered; 5, 11, 19, 23, 29, 43, 56, 74, 92, 111.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the StarfighterF2 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to bobrock for the excellent F-104G template used here for the skin and the specular maps.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 25th, 2024.
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] RAF SEAC Douglas Skyraider FB.3
      Douglas Skyraider FB.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock 'AI' Thirdwire A-1H to give a flyable 'what if' RAF Skyraider FB.3 with markings for No.6 Squadron, No.8 Squadron and No.112 Squadron in a mid-1950's to mid-1960's timeline.
      Whilst this mod is meant for Strike Fighters 2 is does require you to have Strike Fighter 2: Vietnam so that you have the necessary Third Wire A-1H LOD's that are, of course, not included here. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to Wrench for the lines and rivets from his 2048 x 2048 Skyraider templates squeezed into my 1024 x 1024 templates.
      Extra special thanks to CA_Stary for the cockpit.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 4th, 2024

Submitter Spinners Submitted 11/15/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Douglas Skyraider FB.3 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock 'AI' Thirdwire A-1H to give a flyable 'what if' RAF Skyraider FB.3 with markings for No.6 Squadron, No.8 Squadron and No.112 Squadron in a mid-1950's to mid-1960's timeline.
      Whilst this mod is meant for Strike Fighters 2 is does require you to have Strike Fighter 2: Vietnam so that you have the necessary Third Wire A-1H LOD's that are, of course, not included here. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the SkyraiderFB3 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Special thanks to Wrench for the lines and rivets from his 2048 x 2048 Skyraider templates squeezed into my 1024 x 1024 templates.
      Extra special thanks to CA_Stary for the cockpit.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 4th, 2024

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Saab-Hawker Draken F.2A
      Saab Draken F.2A for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a 'what if' Saab Draken F.2A with markings for No.23 and No.25 squadrons of the Royal Air Force as they might of appeared in the 1980's towards the end of their career.
      I've used the excellent Draken J35D 'David' from the Draken pack uploaded at CombatACE by lindr2 to create this 'what if' RAF Draken but heartily recommend the Draken pack which has no less than 8 Drakens and is a superb effort by all concerned. For this revised upload I've made a simple grey skin and decals to create these RAF Drakens as they might have looked towards the end of their lives. I've used 1978 to 1991 as the 'in service' years, basically to utilise the British Skyflash missile and I've also tweaked the data.ini and also the loadout.ini to give RAF loadouts. 
      The Draken itself was an amazing achievement and has a similar WOW factor to the contempory 'Century Series' of fighters - you just cannot believe it first flew in 1955... it just looks so cool! As much as I love the English 
      Electric Lightning you must remember that the Draken had half the power but effectively did the same job plus another half-a-dozen! In addition, it cost dramatically less and it certainly required a fraction of the maintenance man hours!
      Suggested further reading - Saab Draken (chapter) 'Early Supersonic Fighters of the West' (Bill Gunston)

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Draken_F2A folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Draken_F2A folder into your main Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the TANK_DRAKEN_F2A folder into your Weapons folder.

CREDITS
      I've lifted these credits from the Draken pack but if I've unwittingly left anyone out then please accept my apology and do not hesitate to contact me to allow me to amend this package.
      Lud von Pipper -- Lead 3D Modeller
      BPAO -- Additional 3D Modeling
      Sony Tuckson -- Textures and Decals
      Crab_02 -- Weapon and Drop Tank Models
      column5 -- Flight Model and INI files
      Matthew Ouellette -- Bare Metal Skin
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 3 - January 17th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/17/2009 Category What If Hangar  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..