Remember Enbseries? I just found something new and it works under Dx10. Its called SweetFX, here is link:

http://www.guru3d.co...e_download.html

Download and drop everything from archive to 'flight' catalog. You modify effects in SweetFX_settings.txt file

ie.

change #define USE_BLOOM and #define USE_HDR from 0 to 1 etc.

before

img00161.jpg

after

img00162.jpg

before

img00178.jpg

after

img00179.jpg

this mod need some tweaking, effects/colors are too strong sometimes but I think it may be useful if someone is bored with TW bland colors style.

• Like 1

The old dx9 enbseries gave a noticeable boost in frame rates, are you getting an fps increase with this mod?

No, rather not, I have quite old system btw so maybe it depends. But I didnt notice any dropdowns using this mod too.

Hmm. I better look into this. I always wished the creator of the enbseries would do one for DX10. I'll d/l this and learn this. You guys might see another HDR Mod from me ;)

Falcon

• Like 2

Ugh I forgot to add that these files, (some of them?) should be placed in main game folder too, there where are exes.

here is my little attempt,

img00185.jpg

img00186.jpg

SweetFX_settings.txt

I can't get this to work, should I put the files into my modfolders flight folder or mainfolder flight? Also, is there anything else I need to do?

Put into main thirdwire folder on C:prog files\\\

I added it and used ur settings above on win7 ulti x64 and soon as click fly...crashes to desktop.

Unzip these files in both places - main game folder, there where are exes, and in Flight folder (C:\Users\*NAME*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Flight)

and you need tweaking just this one "settings" file in the Flight folder. It seems that there is no need to modyifing this second in main game catalog.

I also needed to put the files in the menu folder in the modfolder, then it works

anyone on win 7 ulti x64 tried this...click fly and games crashes out totally to desktop?

I also needed to put the files in the menu folder in the modfolder, then it works

Yep me too...and then I get this picture in picture effect with the menus. Other than that it works

anyone on win 7 ulti x64 tried this...click fly and games crashes out totally to desktop?

Yeah I'm running 64bit Win7, works ok. To be safe i extracted the files to main game folder, and to modfolder flight and menu folders.

Here are my settings that I've fiddled with. I toned down the HDR but added a faint vignette.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
 /					  Choose effects						 /
 '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth -
I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM		 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively
high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR		   1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high
performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor
three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX		   1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon -
basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights
(avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP	   0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause
clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE	  1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values)
the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES	    1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA		 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE	  1 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot
with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER	    0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display.
This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/				  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings			    /
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.08		   // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32	 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0	    // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.
// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1	    // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0
uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs
to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/					   LumaSharpen settings				  /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 0.60   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp    0.035  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is
// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2	    // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
					 // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/					   Bloom settings					    /
#define BloomThreshold 19.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 1.746	 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/					    HDR settings						 /
#define HDRPower 1.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2  0.75  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/					  TECHNICOLOR settings				   /
#define TechniAmount 0.11	    //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define TechniPower  2.8		 //[0.0 to 8.0]
#define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/					  Cineon DPX settings				    /
#define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define ColorGamma    2.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is
neutral.
#define DPXSaturation 3.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.
#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/					  Lift Gamma Gain settings			   /
#define RGB_Lift  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/					    Tonemap settings					 /
#define Gamma 1.0	    //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones
#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure
#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation
#define Bleach 0.00	  //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors
#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is
blue

/					   Vibrance settings					 /
#define Vibrance 0.12 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels
depending on their original saturation.

/					    Curves settings					  /
#define Curves_contrast 0.30  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want
// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula 7	  //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/						 Sepia settings					  /
#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
#define GreyPower  0.11				    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
#define SepiaPower 0.58				    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image
 /					   Vignette settings					 /
#define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -0.30  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 8	   //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong
(odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/					    Dither settings					  /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.
//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/					 Splitscreen settings				    /
#define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50
angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

gallery_19311_669_229308.jpg

gallery_19311_669_242366.jpg

gallery_19311_669_154015.jpg

gallery_19311_669_178821.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the hint, ArturR

Installed it in all my SF2 installations and its working quiet nice so far. Let me ask just one simple question:

If I change a value in the settings.txt, do I have to copy it to all folders where I put it in, i.e. the main installation, flight and menu folder?

Thanks for any advice

leidgenosse

Is there a document explaining all of the settings? Haven't look at the SweetFX site yet.

Falcon

we can make switchable nightvision googles from this you know... :wink:

here are my standard settings I use at the moment:

/ Choose effects /
// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR 1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP 0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES 0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE 1 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER 1 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.
// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/ LumaSharpen settings /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 0.10 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035
// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
// I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/ Bloom settings /
#define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 0.446 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.0142 //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/ HDR settings /
#define HDRPower 1.30 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2 0.87 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /
#define TechniAmount 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define TechniPower 2.8 //[0.0 to 8.0]
#define redNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/ Cineon DPX settings /
#define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define ColorGamma 2.5 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
#define DPXSaturation 3.0 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.
#define RedC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define GreenC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define BlueC 0.34 //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /
#define RGB_Lift float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/ Tonemap settings /
#define Gamma 1.0 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones
#define Exposure 0.00 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure
#define Saturation 0.00 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation
#define Bleach 0.00 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors
#define Defog 0.000 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /
#define Vibrance 0.15 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/ Curves settings /
#define Curves_contrast 0.30 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want
// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/ Sepia settings /
#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
#define GreyPower 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
#define SepiaPower 0.58 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/ Vignette settings /
#define VignetteRadius 0.90 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 8 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/ Dither settings /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.
//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/ Splitscreen settings /
#define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

the above is for the file SweetFX_settings.txt in your MODS/Flight folder, this seems the only one that needs to be modified

no postprocessing:

post-8911-0-95044600-1353437094_thumb.jpg

my settings:

post-8911-0-87585600-1353437083_thumb.jpg

nope, work with AntiAliasing=8 in options.ini for me

I had to set it to 0. ENB series also conflicts with AA in other games..

Centurion-1, I also had to install to my 1)Main, 2)ModFlight, and 3)ModMenu folders, same as you. My Main install is on a different (F:) drive than default; yours too? I wonder if that's why some of us only need it in Flight and others in Flight and Menu. What about the rest of you guys? Are your Main installs on C:?

C:\ in main installation folder, it's /Flight and in mod install/Flight/ the last holds the ini used ingame

Hmmm, I seem to have an unusual issue with mine........

I applied the app to all areas as suggested (I have Win7-64-bit) but when I launch my flight / mission, the loading screen has another smaller loading screen within it, as does the aircraft in game.

It's the same as what you get in the FSX 'mini view' when you hit the [ ]'s key.

Removed all of the files from the game last night and that fixed it. Would like to get it working though, because those shots DO look considerably better.

Thanks,

Andrew.