Hmmm, I seem to have an unusual issue with mine........

I applied the app to all areas as suggested (I have Win7-64-bit) but when I launch my flight / mission, the loading screen has another smaller loading screen within it, as does the aircraft in game.

It's the same as what you get in the FSX 'mini view' when you hit the [ ]'s key.

Removed all of the files from the game last night and that fixed it. Would like to get it working though, because those shots DO look considerably better.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Icarus999 said something similar, but only in menu screens, which makes me think he may need to disable AA too.

I know this is an old thread, but I still can't get this to work. I'm using WOV YAP3. I installed SweetFx to the main folder, and like some others the game CTD. I do have a Flight and Menu folder, but not a "Mod" flight or menu folder. Do I just install to the Flight and Menu in addition to the Main folder? Any help is appreciated. Windows 7 64 is the OS. I use SweetFx with great success in SH4 as well as BOB2WOV. Would love to get it working with YAP3. Thanks in advance.

hmmm - no idea if sweet FX works in the SF Series 1 games - however the enbseries HDR mod used to work and push up the FPS on multi core CPUs 

http://combatace.com/files/file/9973-hdr-mod-101a/ 

Although its under SF2 series I only recommend for SF1 series games (WOV etc) - you don't really need it with SF2 (which is DX10)

Thanks MigBuster. I guess the "Mod" Flight and Menu folders is exclusive to SF2 games. No worries, the graphics in YAP3 are pretty decent as is. I could live with it.

Yes but they are essentially a replica of the original file structure in SF1/WOV

If you can find the right folders to put the files in it could still work

Hi everybody,

I installed SweetFX on Strike Fighters 2 and apparently everything works... except for the screen that is split in two duplicated images of the sim: the main, in the full screen, and another one smaller in the left-upper corner. The main is without SweetFX, the smaller with SweetFX. Both of them working.

The "Split Screen" option in SweetFX settings is off, so I don't understand what could be the problem...

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

--

citizen67

I can't seem to get this to work. I have copied the files to just about every location mentioned in this thread. Main folder, main flight, main menu, mod flight and mod menu. I can see no discernible difference in the game so I think it's not working. 

Hi everybody,

I installed SweetFX on Strike Fighters 2 and apparently everything works... except for the screen that is split in two duplicated images of the sim: the main, in the full screen, and another one smaller in the left-upper corner. The main is without SweetFX, the smaller with SweetFX. Both of them working.

The "Split Screen" option in SweetFX settings is off, so I don't understand what could be the problem...

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

--

citizen67

I believe it's because you have had acitvated SweetFX and then you have installed another Title of the SF2 series over it. i.E. you had SF2 Europe installed,activated SweetFX and then you have installed SF2 Vietam and messed up SweetFX. Or you did similar with a Mod,deactivate SweetFX whenever you make a new Mod Folder or put another title into your Merged install.

Not sure if it is what causes the problem in your case, but it was like that in my case.

Hi Lausbub78,

thank you for the reply, but I don't think it's as you say, because I got a previous SF2 full merged install (from SF2 to SF2NA, including Exp. 1 and 2) on which I installed SweetFX.

I think the only way is to deactivate everything on SweetFX, hoping that this will solve the problem, and trying activating one by one, checking every time if the problem appears again.

Bye

Anyone got it working under Windows 8.1?

[Version]
BuildDate=Jul 2013
StrikeFighters2=FALSE
StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]
LastUpdateVersion=Jul 2013
LastDLCCount=29

[DLC]
DLCData011=TRUE
DLCData007=TRUE
DLCData029=TRUE
DLCData003=TRUE
DLCData012=TRUE
DLCData015=TRUE
DLCData021=TRUE

[Pilot]
LastName=Pilot
FirstName=Ken
Callsign=Eagle
Service=USAF

[Options]
Section=0

[GameplayOptions]
MissionStart=1
CockpitView=1
DisplayUnit=0
EnemySkill=2
Simulation=3
FlightModel=1
WeaponEffectiveness=2
Avionics=2
Targeting=1
HUDDisplay=1
Landing=1
Collision=2
Blackout=0
AmmoUsage=1
FuelUsage=1

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080
DisplayDepth=32
AspectRatio=1.777778
AntiAliasing=4
UseAdvancedShaders=1
ForceDX9=FALSE
ForceVSyncOff=FALSE
Use32BitZBuffer=TRUE
LensFlare=0
DetailLevel=4
ObjectDetail=2
ObjectTexture=3
CockpitTexture=3
CockpitMirrors=0
CockpitReflection=0
EffectsDetail=3
TerrainDetail=2
TerrainTexture=3
HorizonDistance=3
GroundObjectDensity=3
WaterDetail=3
CloudsDetail=2
Shadow=1
ObjectsFade=FALSE

[soundOptions]
SoundVolume=100
SpeechVolume=100
MusicVolume=75
NumChannels=24
ReverseStereo=0
SpeechSubtitles=1

[ControlOptions]
ControlMap=Default.INI
Sensitivity=75
DeadZone=20
ForceFeedback=1
ForceFeedbackGain=100
TrackIR=1

[MultiplayerOptions]
LobbyLaunched=FALSE

[MiscOptions]
HUDDisplay=1
ForceAIPilot=FALSE
DisplayUnit=0

[instantAction]
AircraftType=F-15A
MissionMap=GermanyCE
StartTime=16:30:00
StartDate=06/18/1978
StartTimeDeviation=120
TextureSet=0
NationalMarking=0
SquadronMarking=0
AircraftNumber=0
KillMarking=0

[singleMission]
AircraftType=A-10A_78
Service=USAF
MissionMap=GERMANYCE
MissionType=CAS
MissionTime=RANDOM
MissionWeather=RANDOM
AirActivity=RANDOM
AirDefenseActivity=RANDOM
FlyAll=FALSE
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=C:\Users\Ken\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Missions\AV-8A Harrier Close Air Support 1 LHA 1 Test.MSN
MissionDate=1986
StartYear=1948
EndYear=2020
EditMission=FALSE

[Campaign]
CampaignName=790918 Red Lightning
PlayerService=USAF
PlayerUnit=78th TFS Bushmasters
AircraftType=A-10A
Difficulty=NORMAL
Length=NORMAL
AircraftSupply=NORMAL
WeaponSupply=NORMAL
LoadCampaign=FALSE
CampaignSavename=DefaultCampaignSave

[Multiplayer]
Connection=0
PlayerColor=0
SessionType=0
GameType=0
Password=MyPassword
MaxPlayers=8
IPAddress=127.0.0.1

[DogfightHost]
MissionMap=GermanyCE
MissionDate=06/18/1978
Loadout=0
StartTime=10:30:00
StartTimeDeviation=240
RespawnTime=60
RespawnDistance=4000.000000
MinHeight=5000.000000
MaxHeight=12000.000000
HeightDeviation=5000.000000
ContrailAlt=7000.000000
ScreenshotsDelay=60
StartYear=1948
EndYear=2020
WeatherType=SCATTERED

[DogfightPlayer]
AircraftType=F-15A
TextureSet=DefaultTextureSet
PlayerService=USAF
Squadron=DefaultTextureSet

[CoopMission]
MissionMap=GermanyCE
MissionDate=06/18/1978
ContrailAlt=7000.000000
Service1=USAF
Service2=SOVIET
Mission1=SWEEP
AircraftType1=F-15A
AircraftType2=F-15A
AircraftType3=MiG-23MF
AircraftType4=MiG-23MF
ScreenshotsDelay=60
StartYear=1948
EndYear=2020
WeatherType=SCATTERED

[MotionExporter]
ExporterDLL=

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\Users\Ken\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe
Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]
Directory=C:\Users\Ken\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\ScreenShots
Format=JPG

[Debug]
SkipFlight=FALSE

[FlightEngine]
HUDDLL=HUD.dll
HUDDataFilename=HUDData.ini
CommDLL=Comm.dll
CommDataFilename=CommData.ini
ObjectList=ObjectList.ini
SoundList=SoundList.ini
ViewList=ViewList.ini
ParticleSystem=ParticleSystem.ini
EnvironmentSystem=EnvironmentSystem.ini
MessageSystem=MessageSystem.ini
SpeechSystem=SpeechSystem.ini
DeltaT=0.016667
MaxDeltaT=0.100
RefreshTime=0.016667
ChangeTimeAmount=15
MaxTimeCompression=8.0
StartTimeCompression=1
StartPaused=FALSE
ShowCockpit=TRUE
TextFilename=FlightText.str
EjectView=EjectView

[ForceFeedback]
ForceFeedback=FlightFFBEffect.ini
ForceFeedbackControl=PITCH_CONTROL
FadeStartTime=0.2
FadeTime=1.0

[LoadingScreen]
BackgroundImage=LoadingScreen1.JPG
BackgroundImageSize=1024,768
TextFontName=Arial
TextSize=20
TextFontColor=250,250,250
TextFile=LoadingText.str
LoadingTextStringID=TXT_FLT_LOADING
PercentTextStringID=TXT_FLT_LOADING_PERCENT
ProgressBarRange=100
ProgressBarRect=204,733,820,753
StreamAudio=loading.wav
FadeTime=0.2

[GraphicsSettings]
ZBufferDepth=24
MaxVertexCount=16384
MaxIndexCount=98303
MaxTextureCount=4096
MaxModelType=2024
MaxMeshPerScene=4096
MaxModelPerScene=2024
MaxLightPerScene=256
AspectRatio=1.333333
MinPixelSize=1.0

[backgroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=80000.0
NearClipDistance=3000.0

[ForegroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=28000.0//14000.0 modded
NearClipDistance=1.00//0.45 modded reduce shimmering beware cockpit views

[insideSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=280.0//250.0 modded
NearClipDistance=0.01

[FarSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=80000.0//add-on entries far-normal-near
NearClipDistance=3000.0

[NormalSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=28000.0
NearClipDistance=280.0

[NearSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=280.0
NearClipDistance=1.00

[LowDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=30000.0
DetailMeshSize=2
DetailLevel=0
WaterEffect=0
NoiseTexture=0
MaxTextureRes=128

[MedDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=45000.0//42000.0 modded
DetailMeshSize=4//2 modded
DetailLevel=1
WaterEffect=1
NoiseTexture=0
MaxTextureRes=256

[HighDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=60000.0//42000.0 modded
DetailMeshSize=6//3 modded
DetailLevel=2
WaterEffect=2
NoiseTexture=1
MaxTextureRes=512

[unlimitedDetailOption]
HorizonDistance=75000.0//62000.0 modded
DetailMeshSize=8//4 modded
DetailLevel=2
WaterEffect=2
NoiseTexture=1
MaxTextureRes=-1

[soundSettings]
SampleFrequency=44100
BitsPerSample=24//16 modded
DopplerFactor=1.0

[WorldSettings]
SectorWidth=20
SectorHeight=20
SectorMaxObject=256
Border=80000.0// locked TK
MinHeight=1.0
MaxHeight=100000.0//35000.0 modded

[MapSettings]
MapMaxSize=1000000//200000 modded
MapMinSize=10000//20000 modded
MapInitSize=100000
MapScaleRate=5.0
ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

[screenShot]
FilenameFormat=img%05d.JPG
MaxScreenShot=99999
SoundEffect=shutter.wav

[TextStrings]
GamePaused=TXT_FLT_GAME_PAUSED
GameUnpaused=TXT_FLT_GAME_UNPAUSED
TimeCompress=TXT_FLT_TIME_COMPRESS
NormalTime=TXT_FLT_NORMAL_TIME
TimeSet=TXT_FLT_TIME_SET
StartFlight=TXT_FLT_START_FLIGHT
WaitJoin=TXT_FLT_WAIT_JOIN

[skipToNext]
Timer=3.0
FadeTimer=1.0
SkipToNextView=FlybyView
AutoPilotCommand=AUTO_PILOT

[startView]
StartView000=ShoulderView
StartView001=CockpitFront

[EndGame]
EndGameTimer=5.0
EndGameView=DeathView
AutoEndGame=FALSE

[inFlightChat]
TargetText=ChatTarget.str
RepeatDelay=0.5
RepeatRate=0.1
CursorFlashTime=0.4
CursorString=|

Typical data Setup For ATI Users Win 7 64 Bit

Intel Setups Do Not Suffer From Frame Buffer Limits And Can Expand Detail Mesh

Line UseAdvancedShaders=1 Gives Me That Blue Gleam From Polished Metal I Used To Get In Sf1 Setups With Enbed.

No Need For Sweet FX in SF2 For Me As Is.

FX8350 4.0 GHZ 4 Logical 4 Hyperthread

16 Gig G-Skill XMP-2 Profile Enabled

Crosshair-Z Board

SSD Samsun Pro 240

WD Raptor 150

WD 640GB

WD 1 TB

Comparison Thread For You Gurus

My earlier post was back when I was running vista 64 bit when I switched to windows 7 64 I started having the picture in picture effect happening in game ... not just on the menu screens. For me on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit the fix was placing  all files in the flight and menu folders and just  the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll files and log files in the main installation folder.

Can Anyone give a more detailed instruction of how to install sweetFX into SF2?  I tried and the game crashed upon clicking the icon on my desktop... So a quick little how to would be super appreciated!

Can Anyone give a more detailed instruction of how to install sweetFX into SF2?  I tried and the game crashed upon clicking the icon on my desktop... So a quick little how to would be super appreciated!

Something better, don't use SweetFX anymore, it's a PITA to install to make it work with SF2.  Check the following link instead, it's a thread I made time ago about a great and way better alternative called ReShade FX; http://combatace.com/topic/86862-reshadefx-a-great-alternative-to-sweetfx/

It's simpler to make it work in SF2 once you get used to its framework / menu.  Moreover it does include lots of effects including those of Sweet FX. All in all it's an upgraded Sweet FX, let's say.

No dice for me... I have it extracted in all 4 - main, flight, mods, menu. Menu opens but when trying to fly it crashes.

I have HDR+Bloom enabled in ENB, and in game settings everything except Effects is set to its max setting (coz that causes the black screen).