Heck

To all those who've worked on the KAW mods that have been released so far

Wow. Just wow. When the F-86s arrive, I'll be in heaven (right now I'm using modified Canadair 5s as stand ins, and just had a WILD, low altitude, high mach escape from a bunch of Migs. That wing roll almost killed me on the deck). The terrain: superb. The flight models: superb. The aircraft: superb. The skins: so, so (kidding, Wrench, also superb). This is my favorite time period of aviation history, and it's alive! It's alive!

Sorry moderators. Stuck this in the wrong forum. Should be in SF2. DOH!

Edited by Heck

Agreed. Lots of great stuff. My current fav is the F-80C. The terrain is just superb. I'm wondering when we'll see a campaign?

Agreed. Lots of great stuff. My current fav is the F-80C. The terrain is just superb. I'm wondering when we'll see a campaign?

I think they said a campaign is some distance down the road. I'm just glad they decided to release the parts, even though the complete package isn't even near done yet. You can see the effort and care they've put into everything for this mod, especially the flight models for the Sabre and Mig. You really feel you're flying an early transonic fighter with both these flight models.

On a side note, Arthur. Have you downloaded the new speech package? It really adds a lot to the sim, if you fly Chinese, or Russian, Migs.

Have you downloaded the new speech package? It really adds a lot to the sim, if you fly Chinese, or Russian, Migs.

Oh yes. Yes I have. :drinks:

Wow. Just wow. When the F-86s arrive, I'll be in heaven (right now I'm using modified Canadair 5s as stand ins, and just had a WILD, low altitude, high mach escape from a bunch of Migs. That wing roll almost killed me on the deck). The terrain: superb. The flight models: superb. The aircraft: superb. The skins: so, so (kidding, Wrench, also superb). This is my favorite time period of aviation history, and it's alive! It's alive!

Sorry moderators. Stuck this in the wrong forum. Should be in SF2. DOH!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the real-world handling traits of the F-86 (and its close sibling, the FJ-Fury), watch these two videos. I tried to simulate the performance as closely as I could. There are a few new surprises in store for the next round of Sabre releases.

Great videos, Fubar. Thanks for posting them. I've read about these flight characteristics all my life, but your flight models allow us to experience them in the sim. Can't wait to see the surprises. There's nothing like a P.I.O. close to the ground to get the old blood pumping, even if it's just virtual. I'm especially waiting to see your 86a. There's nothing like flight models from a master. And your Mig 15bis, as Wrench says in the readme, captures a very misunderstood aircraft to a tee. Now the Swords... And Wrench skins... Can it get better? Naaah...

yah, it could!!! :biggrin:

Heck

I just gave Wrench all my Sabre skins and 2 models that were not released. I'm still trying to find the A model Zur made me. I also gave him all my A-26 skins and a version of the A-26 with the 75mm cannon. So yes its going to get much much better.

I asked because I just get a black screen for that if i change the plane from the default,Changed the date's and all that.

the GunVal needs a new lod ... no matter which shadow lod is used, it's hosed -massive tractor beams!! (but I got all the 100/% historic serials made -all 10!!!)

Hey guys, I really love the night fighter version of the Tigercat. Will there be more variants of this beautiful plane coming out?

Falcon

probably not, unless Baff does a 'what if WW2 46 version'. The operatinal lifespan was sorta short, what with jets taking over everything. (read: F-3D Skyknight -- which we don't have). AND..

they were too big/heavy to operate from the Essex class boats (they were designed for Midway class and Operation Olympic, but the Navy found no real use for them, and dumped them on the Marines. Who made good use of them)

Edited by Wrench

Hey guys, I really love the night fighter version of the Tigercat. Will there be more variants of this beautiful plane coming out?

Falcon

Planning an SF-2 update pack for Geo's F7F-1 Tigercat as soon as I can get the KAW improvements transferred to it. It will go in the WW-2 downloads but like Wrench said, it's a bit of a "What If" as some F7F-1's were deployed in WW-2 but never saw any action.

Heck

I just gave Wrench all my Sabre skins and 2 models that were not released. I'm still trying to find the A model Zur made me. I also gave him all my A-26 skins and a version of the A-26 with the 75mm cannon. So yes its going to get much much better.

This is why you folks are the best flight simming community, bar none. The news just gets better every day. I even downloaded and converted some top 40 fifties hits to use as menu music. Everything from Vaughn Monroe's version of Ghost Riders in the Sky to Phil Harris' The Thing (my options menu tune). If you can find that A, Dave, it would be perfection. Thanks for trying.

I'm sure you guys know this (Dave was the uploader), but there's an A model Sabre in the SF1 D/L section, here: http://combatace.com...y-model-sabres/ .You just need to add the SF1 f4e_attitudeBMP. to the cockpit folder to make the magnetic compass work. I know this is for SF1, but they look and fly pretty good, at least 'til the new ones come out in two weeks. Heck, if you could upload those tunes as a pack, it would be much appreciated (one of my many weak spots).

Edited by SupGen

I'm sure you guys know this (Dave was the uploader), but there's an A model Sabre in the SF1 D/L section, here: http://combatace.com...y-model-sabres/ .You just need to add the SF1 f4e_attitudeBMP. to the cockpit folder to make the magnetic compass work. I know this is for SF1, but they look and fly pretty good, at least 'til the new ones come out in two weeks. Heck, if you could upload those tunes as a pack, it would be much appreciated (one of my many weak spots).

I think what Dave is talking about is that he has an actual A model lod from Zur somewhere. If I remember correctly, that pack's A model is an E lod. Also, Fubar's new F-86 flight models are intense, so they'll be well worth the wait. When it comes to the tunes, I don't know if I can, because of copyright issues. I downloaded them for free from a site, and converted them to wavs, but I don't know if CombatAce would be cool with it. Moderators? George? Tom? (The Hunters)

Im on duty, so could someone download that and see if the actual A is in there? If so piost a screen shor of the fornt windscreen. I think that is where it is at.

Ah well, I think you're right, Heck. I just checked and the A-5's windscreen is flat. The read-me says the E-10 is the first w/a flat windscreen, so I guess it is an E in disguise. Still, it does have all or most of the pertinent squadron skins so it is a decent placeholder. If you want them I re-folderized them for SF2, just say the word. As far as the tunes go, if you could just give me the name of the site, I do have a sound file converter. I guess there's no time like the present to practice using it.

The first F-86A non-production models had curved windscreens, but evidently, they weren't up to the task. The A-5 (and 6, and 7) variants had reinforced, V-shaped windscreens. The F-86D (Sabre-dog) introduced the flat windscreen.

Ah well, I think you're right, Heck. I just checked and the A-5's windscreen is flat. The read-me says the E-10 is the first w/a flat windscreen, so I guess it is an E in disguise. Still, it does have all or most of the pertinent squadron skins so it is a decent placeholder. If you want them I re-folderized them for SF2, just say the word. As far as the tunes go, if you could just give me the name of the site, I do have a sound file converter. I guess there's no time like the present to practice using it.

Thanks, SupGen. I already have the Sabres formatted for SF2. This is the site I downloaded the music from: http://beemp3.com/

And this is the site I used to find the top forty music:

http://www.top40charts.net/index.php?page=1951-music-charts

the Sabre Pak WAS supposed to be out this weekend, but I've run into some unresovleable issues with the F model.

so, please! be paitent! the wait WILL be worth it!!

the Sabre Pak WAS supposed to be out this weekend, but I've run into some unresovleable issues with the F model.

so, please! be paitent! the wait WILL be worth it!!

Know it will, boss. Know it will.