Eagle114th

Question about startup (InitScreen.bmp)

Hello everyone,

I have attempted to replace default TK's splash screen (initializing screen) with new initscreen.bmp file. I put them in Menu folder in Thirdwire mod folders, it doesn't replace default splash screen. I tried putting them in Menu folder in main Thirdwire folder, still doesn't replace splash screen. I tried it with folder name "Startup", still doesn't work. I used search engine to see if there is answer, and I haven't found answer here yet.

So have any of you achieved replacing SF2 default splash screen with different image? I tried with mine and it still doesn't work. Any advice on this issue will be great help and thank you.

http://combatace.com...g-else-edition/

Take a look and find your mistake!

It depens on which sim you wanna change, filename etc...

You should also extract the menu screens out of the cat files,

so you make sure that you got the right file names.

Edited by Soulfreak

The SF2/FE2 series uses MainScreen.jpg. Only SF1/FE1 uses MainScreen.bmp.

I messed with replacing the init screen some time ago,

It did not work when put in any of the mod folders that I tried.

The strange thing was that it does show when one puts the replacement bmp in the game's menu folder, IIRC.

• Like 1

I messed with replacing the init screen some time ago,

It did not work when put in any of the mod folders that I tried.

The strange thing was that it does show when one puts the replacement bmp in the game's menu folder, IIRC.

I shall try this method and see if this work.

Panama, I am talking about initscreen, not mainscreen... I have already achieved replacing Mainscreen and other GUI basically, except for initscreen from starter folder. initscreen is splash screen that say "initializing system... Please wait" with picture of F-4. This is what I am having problem trying to replace with new splash screen.

soulfreak, I am talking about initscreen, not mainscreen... I have already achieved replacing Mainscreen and other GUI basically, except for initscreen from starter folder. I also explained in my previous message above about the specific issues I am having and it is all related to 'init screen'. And I thank you for trying to help, all of your efforts is always appreciated! :)

the "Initilazation Screen", the black and white shot of the Phantom, when the game itself first loads

didn't Charles, over at Capun's site post something that he'd gotten it changed?

• Like 1

the "Initilazation Screen", the black and white shot of the Phantom, when the game itself first loads

didn't Charles, over at Capun's site post something that he'd gotten it changed?

Hmmm I see, I will go and check Capun's site to search for his posts about changing Initialization Screen. And yes you are exactly correct, "Initilazation Screen" where game itself loads before menu screen with F-4 picture along with green word saying "Initializating system... Please wait" is exactly what I am trying to change. I am working on my projects of GUI overhaul for SF2 series.

Eagle114, if you're using a renamed executable, make sure you have copied and renamed the ini. file to match or it won't work. That ini. has the statement "LoadingScreen=Menu\InitScreen.BMP". Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Eagle114, if you're using a renamed executable, make sure you have copied and renamed the ini. file to match or it won't work. That ini. has the statement "LoadingScreen=Menu\InitScreen.BMP". Hope this helps.

Noted, thank you for tips.

:salute: