pcpilot

Outstanding book on Battle of Midway

Just wondering if anyone else has read this book yet. Called Shattered Sword by Jonathan Parshall and Anthony Tully. My wife bought me a copy for my B-day on amazon. Simply one of the very best books you will ever read on the battle of Midway. It is done from a Japanese perspective and goes into detail on the Japanese psyche, the organization of their navy, the design of the ships, the planning of the battle, and even covers such hypotheticals as a Japanese landing on Midway. Mainly of course is a detailed picture of Japanese naval and air movements during the battle. And talks at length why Japan lost that battle. It is very well written, intelligent, the arguments strongly stated, and several historical misconceptions refuted. The added bonus of a large number of surviving Japanese first hand accounts make this absolutely compelling reading for the historian and amateur alike.

Found here...http://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Sword-Untold-Battle-Midway/dp/1574889249/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353470477&sr=8-1&keywords=shattered+sword