Thanks in advance to anyone who can help having problem with JDAM drop them they seem to start to track to the target and then enter a glide and themn miss the target routinely!!! I have the July 2012 patch installed!

It's a bug, I don't know if anyone reported it to TK on tw forums though...

Do TW actually support JDAMs ? - I would say no.

But you would be wrong, it is supported but one of the patches broke it...

JDAMs seem to work fine for me...just destroyed a SAM launcher with a GBU-38. Just flew in the general 'basket' area and released.

Verified with the weapons editor that the bomb is using GPS Homing for guidance. This is in SF2V with the Jul 12 patch.

FC

Just tested GBU-32/31/38, the all fly away into nowhere for me :(

Is that on all weapons settings in the in-game "Gameplay" options (hard/medium/easy)?

Okay, more testing. Just flew a strike mission on the Range...6 GBU-38s dropped (one by my wingman). Result was 4 destroyed targets including primary (wingie scored with his drop). What I noticed was the basket seems 'steeper' than it used to be...you can't do a shallow attack now. Drops were level flight, 300ish knots, about at least a 5 second run in before drop. Everything on Hard and verified the GBU-38s are using GPS Homing for guidance...Jul 12 patch in SF2V stand alone.

My opinion is that JDAMs work, but their tolerance is much tighter for drops...

FC

Don't know what happens to mine, they don't just miss they float away for kilometers, it's not a precision issue, they start diving then level out and go over the target, even if I drop say 10km before the target they overshoot by at least another 10km...

Will try to shuffle exe's as I have a merged install.

same as Brain's in my case, the just dive, level and glide happily on their own, Jul12 all merged

• Like 1

Did some testing and have no issues on Weapons set to "Easy", "Medium" or "Hard" (but missed with the silly Loft on Hard as I thought I would). I'm at July '12 patch with all 5 & 2 exp all merged -

1 each GBU-31/32/38 from level flight from 30nm @ 35000ft, 20nm @ 25000ft and 10nm @ 5000ft - All hit the targets.

1 each GBU-31/32/38 from a short range high angle dive - 3.5nm @ 45' dive from 15000ft - All hit the targets.

1 each GBU-31/32/38 from a very short range "loft" style (most difficult for guidance) - 3.5nm @ 45' Nose up from 10000ft - All hit the targets.

1 GBU-56 (guidance set to GPS in .ini) in a high speed high angle very short range dive - 1.5nm @ 60' dive from 10000ft @ Mach 1.3 - Hit the target.

JDAMS are from the MGunny pack and I don't think they've been edited at all but can't be 100% sure.

jdamtest01.jpg

jdamtest02.jpg

jdamtest03.jpg

jdamtest04.jpg

jdamtest05.jpg

jdamtest06.jpg

jdamtest07.jpg

jdamtest08.jpg

Edited by ianh755

But you would be wrong, it is supported but one of the patches broke it...

The only thing they support at the moment is SF Android by the looks of things

Hello,

Updating on the JDAMs deployment.

At first all the above mentioned failures when deploying JDAMs, also happened to me.

But my fault was: trying to hit moving naval vessels with them, I think.

(Besides guided missiles, I bellive only Laser Guided Bombs (not JDAMs), manage to adjust their trajectory to track moving targets.)

I managed to hit non moving ground targets, or even ships docked at port.

Always in the same fashion: roughly - 35 or - 40 degrees step dive, and within 6 miles distance.

(Don't recall the altitude now.)

That was it.

Apr 2013 patch level and JDAM seems to be completely broken. It works fine with 2012 patch, I confirm. But not anymore. 

They seem to work okay if you drop in a 10-15 degree dive around 4 miles away from the target (for GBU-31)

2013 patch level here and those JDAMs go for a round-the-world tour, despite being dropped inside parameters.

They also glide like a world-championship sailplane. A bit on the far side for a bomb with just a couple of strakes and a steerable fin...