What I'm trying to do is have an AI aircraft launch 24 (salvo) Unguided rockets at another aircraft? I thought of very low grade IRM and I seem to remember a gun that shot rockets.

Any Ideas?

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

I was able to mod the APKWS guided rocket pods to fire rocket sized IRMs at an airborne target. The problem I face was that the rocket's small warhead did bugger all damage to the target. I could fire off a salvo of 5-10 and would barely see any damage register, if at all. It should have shredded it. I abandoned it shortly after. You want me to post the weapons entry coding? You might be able to do something with it.

Edited by SayWhatt

What aircraft are you trying to get this to work for? Also take a look at the stock TW Lightning's rocket packs.

Yep...stock TW Lightning use FFARs for A2A.

Also, F-103 will do the same.

FC

Yes Post the data,I'll see if I can use it. Thanks.

BA-349 Natter :biggrin:

I dont have the TW Lightning's rocket packs,but I would like to see the data.

Thanks for the responses.

F-103 I do have.

Thanks agin.

Edited by RAVEN

If I remember it right the F-86 Sabre Dog was able to do that too. Not sure which model, but sure not the K. ;-)

Edited by Soulfreak

F-86D with the retractable rocket tray

also, tho not in slavo, the F-89D/J/H Scorpion. But they do fire as fast as youi an push the button

The TSF Jaktraketkapsel works in a similar manner and are tagged as IRM; since this makes the pilots more inclined to actually use them.

Data file attached.

Weapons.rar

The TSF Jaktraketkapsel works in a similar manner and are tagged as IRM; since this makes the pilots more inclined to actually use them.

Data file attached.

I noticed that too, which is why I did the same, otherwise you just see aircraft getting into great positions for guns, but nothing happens... :S

F-94 C did it too IIRC

I was able to mod the APKWS guided rocket pods to fire rocket sized IRMs at an airborne target. The problem I face was that the rocket's small warhead did bugger all damage to the target. I could fire off a salvo of 5-10 and would barely see any damage register, if at all. It should have shredded it. I abandoned it shortly after. You want me to post the weapons entry coding? You might be able to do something with it.

Could you just increase the war head? i did the same thing with the KF-2's supergun. I made the rockets IRM and increased the Explosive mass to 25kg. Worked well and didn't affect the weight of the actual rocket. the nuclear phoenix was even better wiped out 3 enemy squadron plus ground troops without actually hitting anything.

Just use FFARs in an air to air mode. Several aircraft in the sim do it...and the results are what you would expect, just like in real life...they kind of suck.

FC