Hi all.

I'm having a problem with my WW2 ETO install crashing when I try to select campaign. :angry: None of the other selection buttons cause this. I'm using this install on SF2NA. I also have MTO and PTO installs and I don't have this problem with them. I can select campaigns and play most of the campaigns for PTO and MTO even though there meant for SF1. Is any one else having this problem?

ifyou have a merged install try to use a diferent Exe for starters in not carefully rebluid your ETO install from zero!

it's more than likely an issue wth the campaing ini itself, or a terrain issue (don't forget, some of the early ETO terrains -ok, the EAW Europe terrain) - had a targeting update that the campaign ini probably wasn't built for. Or missing objects/aircraft/etcs

a little more info, brother! Which terrain? which campaign, etc??? (but I'm NOT a campaign dude!!)

Hey guys.

The tarrain I'm using is EuroWW2 by FNG2K, Edward and you Wrench. The Campaign is Fallen Angels V3.0. Now, I have had no problems with the terrain it self. The game would crash when I selected campaign. I would not even make into the campaign menu. Soo,i took the path of Cocas and tried a couple of fresh installs. Every time though when I would add the WW2 birds, game would crash. Funny thing, If I switched out the ETO aircraft folder with the MTO aircraft from War over Africa, it wont crash. With that I removed the ETO aircraft folder and just started my ETO intall game and selected campaign and no crash. Of course it reloaded all the modern birds. I dumped the ETO aircraft folder back in the object folder. So with the mix of modern and WW2 aircraft, I tried it again and there was no crash. I deleted all but one of the modern aircraft (Tu-16) and now I can get into the campaigns. Catch your breath. I'm not done yet. Now if I try to play Fallen Angels, the game will crash. I have found though I can play it though through the costume Campaign option. I just can't save it. If I do, when I try to select Campaigns, the game will crash again. If I want to play Fallen Angels, I got to play it all at once in one setting. To get myself back into the campaigns folder I go into the options file and delete the campaign entry.

Yea I know there is an issue with Fallen Angels but as long as I can trick it I'm good. I was a lil lost for words when the game would crash just selecting the campaign menu espacialy since none of my PTO and ETO installs don't do that.

it's odd that WITH the modern birds, things work; and withOUT them, it's goes to hell.

and if you think THATs odd...in my MTO/ETO installs, the stock Desert terrain don't work!!! Locks/Freezes/Crashes, flying for axis or allies.

must be something hard coded that requires one 'modern aircraft'

but it definately sounds llike the campaing ini need major reworking

Yea I was think that to. It's funny some of the SF1 campaigns (well to me) work for SF2 and some don't.

check if the main ini has these entrys

[RAFUnit001]

UnitName=260 Sqdn RAF

ForceID=1

UnitID=6

StartDate=10/23/1942

DescFile=Alamein_Brief.txt

StartText=Alamein_Start.txt

AircraftType=P-40E<-----------------whitout this you get CTDS 08 patch campaings have this 06 dont

CampaignBaseScreen=RAF_Base.bmp<-----this must in campaing folder or you get a black screen BTW

[AirUnit006]

AircraftType=P-40E<---must be above were pointed it type and air unit must match

Squadron=260_RAF

ForceID=1

this should solve issues on some campaing but i cant garanty that it will fix all of them!

Hey Cocas.

Thanks for the information. I did this for Opertion Torch in my MTO install and now it works. Going try the same for other campaigns giving me trouble.