Sign in to follow this  
faustus

Marine Recruitment Question

I was doing a search on Marine recruitment policy and this board came up so I figured I would ask. Im thinking about joining the military but I also have a juvie record. Because I was 16 and stupid I committed 1 felony and 2 misdemeanors. Im 9 years older and really want to persue a military career and wondered will this prevent me from enlisting in the Marines? Im currently talking to a Army recruiter and it doesnt seem that im having any issues there so would this hold true with other branches of the military?

I was doing a search on Marine recruitment policy and this board came up so I figured I would ask. Im thinking about joining the military but I also have a juvie record. Because I was 16 and stupid I committed 1 felony and 2 misdemeanors. Im 9 years older and really want to persue a military career and wondered will this prevent me from enlisting in the Marines? Im currently talking to a Army recruiter and it doesnt seem that im having any issues there so would this hold true with other branches of the military?

not sure, butif the recruiter isnt saying nothing id see where it goes. For me when I signed up for the NYPD depending on the offense, whether it was a felony, a misdemeanor is dependent on the "category" and your age at which you were convicted on the charges stated or dropped. e.g. drug charges "possession & or use", "weapons possesion", domestic violence violations or infractions these are the big ones that can really put u in a tight spot.

I have no charges on my record so I was clean as a whistle when I joined NYPD, however a couple guys there had charges(not sure of the violations probably caught with weed or something hehe) which had to be further investigated and given a disposition. Either way, Military and NYPD requirements I can only assume are quite different, so i cant say with certainty that youll get in or be removed, just see how it goes. IF you do get in, I wish you all the luck, and of course do the best of your best, when your CO ask for 100% give them 120%. good luck! semper fi! :clapping::biggrin:

Im currently talking to a Army recruiter and it doesnt seem that im having any issues there

Just be TOTALLY,FULLY HONEST with them...don't lie to them by ommision,in other words dont pull a oh s__t I forgot about that...if its not too bad you just might get in,do remember that the two services(Army,Marine Corps) DO have some different requirements,most are standard but they do have a few service specific...... wish you Good Luck tho..

Like everyone has said,be honest about them.I'm not 100% sure but a juvy record is sealed and shouldn't show up...unless it is something really bad.they might have to do alittle more paper work but with enlistment down,a little paper work might not matter.The Corps is a great way of life,don't give up.see what he says. :victory:

As far as I know a Juvenile record is no longer off limits to a National Agency Check. Just because your record is sealed on your 18th birthday doesnt mean it cant be checked during a DoD investigation Like eveeryone else has said, dont leave anything out, it can only come back to bite you on your a**.

Hope we've answered your question and good luck to you.