Dave

F/A-18 Series By The Hornet Team (BETA!)

F/A-18 Series By The Hornet Team (BETA!)

BETA!

F/A-18A/C. This package is beta and to be honest we are all sick of looking at it. So here is the deal. You find something wrong and the community agrees, send it to me and I will keep the package updated. We just need fresh eyes on it. There is a new pit by Brain32 that is amazing.

The Hornet Team:
Original Model by BPAO and the Mirage Factory, updated by FastCargo.
New pit by Brain32 with Crusader, Brain and CB34 doing the avionics.
Skins by Siddog, Dave and EricJ.
Crash test Dummy: Caeser
Pilots: by Diego
Seats: Julhelm and Ravenclaw
Weapons by Ravenclaw, wpnssgt and others.
Loadouts and variant shred out by CrazyhorseB34 who put a lot of effort into researching this part of the package. Its highly recommended you use the loads he made or you will have problems.

If I forgot anyone let me know in a PM and I will correct it.

To install:
C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 directory.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/26/2012
  • Category

• Like 1

Congratulations on the release, guys!

Really cool, I enjoy having a full complement of Hornets from various services in my game now!

Just one thing though, I know it's a Beta - but a few things are missing? Some of the skins have no markings, I cannot find any fuel tanks and the LAU-10 launchers have no rockets? I just re-downloaded the file, but have the same thing?

It's a great pack, regardless and I'm certainly enjoying it.

Really cool, I enjoy having a full complement of Hornets from various services in my game now!

Just one thing though, I know it's a Beta - but a few things are missing? Some of the skins have no markings, I cannot find any fuel tanks and the LAU-10 launchers have no rockets? I just re-downloaded the file, but have the same thing?

It's a great pack, regardless and I'm certainly enjoying it.

Thus why its a beta. As I said the team got sick of looking at them. So if you got a fix, post it and I will update the pack. As you can see it got so big it just was too much for a few people to handle.

Understood Dave - I just wasn't sure if things were left-out by accident, or by design.

Like I said, it's an awesome pack - and thanks for your hard work, and the rest of the team!

It got to the point we most of us were like..."Ugh I never want to see another F-18 again." :lol:

• Like 2

the "pit" is a work of art! definitely nothing "beta" about that! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pretty cool pack!

Long awaitet Swiss Hornet!

BTW. Droptank weapon files are not inside the pack.

Elsewise a really cool add on!

Santa came to town earlier this year :biggrin:

Hi Guys

I know its a beta, but is there supposed to be a US B & D version in there? I can't find either. The new cockpit is a beautiful.

Cheers

Snapper 21

Keep your shirt on Junior. I got you al covered and the drop tanks will be in the B/D package,

Just a note guys, in total you have 4 different legacy Hornet cockpits:

HornetA

HornetC_early

HornetC_90's

HornetC_late

Well, Dave & Team, this is one of those packs that put our sim "uber alles" (as Carlo not Paulo, friend of Bob not kev could say .......) :clapping:

Fantastic.

Gorgeous plane and cockpit!!!

One question, what kind of sky textures do you use???

I really like the dark blue in it!

Thanks in advance for an answer.

My best regards, Kodiak.

You have to ask Siddog as those are his shots.

Various Decals, just drop them in your decal folder. Im going through right now and sorting what goes where.

Decals.7z

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice without you saying anything. :lol:

Yeah I kinda wanted to avoid that although 90's pit and late one are very similar, doubt anybody but true Hornet fanatics would even notice the difference although without the NATOPS manual even that is questionable lol

Spectacular package guys.....NICE WORK !

Love the new cockpit.............Love the new flap set-up.......Love the functioning ILS!

Looks great and feels great to fly in.

One thing I noticed was that the rudders on the CF-18 seem to be always toed inwards like they should when you apply speed brake.....the only other model I have tried so far was the Blue Angel and it didnt have this with the rudder??

I would post a picture but for whatever reason I cant figure out how, I havent posted since the last round of site upgrades and I cant find an upload tab????

Also, in the Superhornet pit you can cycle MFD screens using ripple keys but this seems to be absent in this cockpit, is this intentionally different?

Cheers

Romflyer

Beauty of the beauties!!!

Dave,

Many thanks to The Dream Hornet Team...

Best regards,

Coupi.

I need a few volunteers to help sort skins and decals. You need to be proficient in ini work. Any takers?

Romflyer Im nt sure about the pit. You would need to ask Brain32