Sign in to follow this  
Dave

New Eagle Dynamics SU-27

Wags introduced this today and comfimed it will be in FC3. It will make me want to fly Flankers.

gallery_230_835_47095.jpg

gallery_230_835_111240.jpg

gallery_230_835_238909.jpg

gallery_230_835_309448.jpg

External 3d model doesn't make me want to fly anything.

Give me a decent flight model and a proper 6dof cockpit!

nice yes, but no, but yes, ohh for f*** they have no idea what direction to take with such a brilliant software!

(hint: re-using the same over and over again on the same Flanker 2.0 terrain is not a feature)

but nice model indeed

I'm going to explore my options and learn all of them. I mean why not, just for fun.

i just cant stand the pits, and im not gonna drop to 1 screen to hide the glitches and bugs, nor modifying my Screens.LUA to hide them, and have to switch between that one and the original to use A-10C/F-15C/P-51.

But if wags says, Surprise! New Pit too... then I'll fly it.

Edited by SkateZilla

See, that's why it's better to use 1 screen. Fewer disappointments. If you set the bar too high, you'll never get over it again.

it's just crazy, lol.

i only switch to 1 screen for the Dev Debug mode.

anyways, with the new flanker model, maybe some of the SF2 people that are looking for Pretty Flankers, will Come over to DCSW, to get Flankers, MIG-29s and Multiplayer.

FC3 is pretty much SF2 Level of Fidelity, Everything is Keyboard or HOTAS, no flipping switches or advanced procedures.

Even with the "Scripted" stalls in the SFM, the SFM is Still better than Thirdwire's in some areas.

I can fly the A-10A in FC2 just like the one in SF2. Things like drag and weight might be better modeled in FC2, but still you can ripple off 6 Mavericks in one pass and make the world's worst landing approaches and come out fine.

FC always had the illusion of realism better done than SF ever managed, but it was only in specific areas. For one thing, the AAMs in FC just sucked, especially the western ones. Now that they're improving that stuff for DCS World, all those things are applicable to FC3 as well, which means FC3 will be de facto improved over FC2 even when the cockpits and avionics are modeled the same.

Until this model is released, we'll be able to use HungaroJet's conversion of 3Go's fantastic model. It'll prolly be a while before ED's model is finished. The last two ones they added don't have damage models yet. I guess the Mig 31 and the F-18 are still "beta".......................

from my knowledge there's a list of about 12 planes ED is working on replacing.

That's good news. I'd like to see all the flyables taken care of first. That means Su-33 and Mig-29 are the last two.

A quick heads up, HungaroJet's Su-27 has been released. It's in the downloads section.

Hi do you just extract 3GO to dcs world it also say's to use an editor where to find??

Thank you

I use Notepad++, it opens all the DCS files and doesn't corrupt them. It's free to download. Google it.

Edited by Ruggbutt

I don't know why Ed spent time on the F-18 and mig-31...unless they are going to be flyable. If they aren't then they should of put the time and effort into fixing the flyable jets first. They could save themselves a lot of ball busting on the forums if they did some things a little smarter.

Well, let's face it, how many people does that take? One for a model and one for textures (assuming one person can't do both)? I don't think it really takes too much time to change the external appearance of something compared to things like FMs, DMs, avionics, a cockpit, etc.

As for why they'd spend time on something that's not flyable, I have only one guess: Glowing Amraam. If those planes will be featured in the PR videos he makes, it would behoove them to make them look next-gen and not LOMAC-era. Now the speculation on a DCS F/A-18C has been fierce for a long time, so I would expect that will be the one (along with some great Blue Angels skins) out next. The MiG-31 is a plane I've always liked, even though it's not much nicer to fly than the Foxbat before it, and I would like to see it in DCS World flyable, although I don't care if it's "DCS" or along the lines of FC's planes.

The Cat is out of the Bag,

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) Update

Per the list above of FC3 changes, work on this module continues. However, the module will likely be in a protracted beta development stage as we create new content for it that our customers have been asking for.

The most noteworthy being a new 6 DOF cockpit for the Su-27 Flanker. We also plan to release a new radar mode for the MiG-29S that allows dual tracking and engagements of targets with the R-77 air-to-air missile.

The pre-purchase price will stay at $39.99 as an early buyer discount; however, the final release will be at $49.99 given the number of new features and extended development time.

Happy holidays,

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics

Guess I start Getting some SU27 Time

it'll be in Beta for prolly another 6 months, so , it's not going up anytime soon.