Olham

Thanksgiving Coma? Autumn Avolition? Hibernation?

Which of the above reasons fits?

Or is it something completely different? Where is everybody?

Maybe life has thrown a lot of realism at you?

Well, me for example, I am going through a half year of school/training

to learn WebDesign (HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Javascript and PHP).

I admit that it is pretty hard at my age to learn so much new stuff every day.

Before I can familiarise with one thing, I have to go on already.

And sometimes it seems to me, as if for every bit of new knowledge I put into

my shelf, some old one is falling out on the back of it.

Some days I'm just glad I remember how my coffee machine works.

Now, what's your excuses?

Air Hauler and A2A J-3 Cub...bad combo as now I'm completely addicted...no willpower...<gasp>

Lothar, you're a good salesman - your marketing is tireless. :big_boss::grin:

There's an update to OFFbase? :biggrin:

That program's fun, thanks for creating it Lothar.

I've never really been a heavy poster on this forum. mainly I check in and read.

Well, as for me, the semester that won't die is slowly grinding to a halt. I feel like I've won the month of November - you know, in much the same way the French "won" at Verdun. But, I'm getting there. I'm sure I'll be posting again with some regularity once all of the paper writing comes to an end in the next week. Looking forward to a few weeks off and spending some of it alone in peace and quiet patrolling the lines. Would do me a lot of good right now!

Well, for me (as I sit here in a hotel in Kentucky) that's just it - I "hain't" been home! I had to come down here the Thursday night the week before Thanksgiving, then back Friday night (5-1/2 hr drive each way), then the Starurday after Thanksgiving down here again, didn't get home until Wednesday night late, back down here last night and getting ready to go over to the plant now (they keep having delays that prevent me from completing the tests they need).

I love the area, but I need to be home. It's nice & rural - for the local newspaper's "Black Friday" story, they showed a picture of the early morning line outside the Tractor Supply Compant store! Next week I spend a week in Orlando, FL (testing in a power plant, not visiting the Mouse House). Somewhere in her we have to finish decorating for Christmas...! I dodged a bullet on a trip to Philadelphia on Tuesday, we were able to send a younger guy...

Thanksgiving must've been a little rough, CaptSopwith - school and your personal life. Hope you are doing better. And Olham, I know what you mean - I had to re-learn how to take some very sensitive measurements, and it's like "Did you guys try to maker this more complicated?" But they've come out well so far.

I haven't been able to fly for a couple of weeks now, not even a quick spin. So the Capt's plan of spending some alone time patrolling the lines sounds really attractive - an therapeutic for me as well... just to slow down a bit.

Best to all,

Tom

(Glad to see this morning's off-line episode has been resolved!)

Mmuahahahahahaaaa!!!!

I know, Lou - that's your way of telling me, that you liked it.

(Damn, I have still not get used to that 'greasy grin' of your avatar - Mmuahahahahaaaa!!!!)

Edited by Olham

I'm still here. I drop in occasionaly to have a look round. For various reasons I'm spending more time with my family at the moment so don't get to fly as much - neither OFF nor my models.

Hope you're alright and recovering, Tranq.

Take your time for the ones you love - WOFF may distract you enough from them one soon day.

I'm doing fine, Olham. I'm almost back up to speed now, thanks for asking. Looking forward to WOFF in 2 weeks.

Good you're alright! Thanks for the reminder - I must mark it in my calendar!

These two weeks - I ever seem to be forgetting, when...

Besides work having been insane over the last couple of months I just completed a build of my new rig............ in prep for the release of WOFF in two weeks. Ran OFF for the first time today........ evertything maxed! Heaven!

AMD 8350 4ghz (boost 4.2 advertised, been clocking close to 4.4)

Sabertooth 990FX motherboard

inWin Dragon Rider case

only 8gb ram

Antec Kuhler H20 liquid cooling system

Radeon HD7950 3gb

added to:

27" Samsung LED

Saitek Cyborg keyboard

Logitech Joystick (thinking about breaking out the G940)

5+TB on 3 HDD's

Now, if I can just wait two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nbryant

At least you are ready for WOFF - congrats!

Flying too much online multiplayer Rise of Flight ! :biggrin: But still flying OFF at least once a week !

Buying too much Christmas Gifts :angel:

Waiting for WOFF :air_kiss:

Being happy about that bad Weather in Germany (don't have to work then) :biggrin:

Working on a new Sound Upgrade for OFF (Version 3.1) :air_kiss:

For me it was a change of work schedule that kept me grounded for the last 18 months.

Mercifully I am back now and looking forward to getting back to flying.

Had to do a re-install of OFF (for a still unknown reason!) and, despite copying the folder that held my saved pilot information, I must have missed something as they did not work.

Ah well - I don't mind starting new careers.

Duke, you cannot simply save the pilot folders; there's more to it.

But often you do not need to de- and re-install.

Often the buttons "Reset OFF Manager" and maybe also "Reset CFS3" will give you a "new" OFF.

But: you will loose your campaign pilots that way too.

Yes I found that out!

Reference the reset I could not even get to the workshop to do that - I was locking up at the intro screen

Oh dear! So you did the new install? Everything back at "normal"?

I'm kinda a bit into other Games at the moment. Looking forward to WOFF of course...but I'm all mixed in with Far Cry 3 / Skyrim etc etc...... (and have recently started to fly FSX online with my Brother)

Oh dear! So you did the new install? Everything back at "normal"?

Oh yea...running great again.

I'm kinda a bit into other Games at the moment. Looking forward to WOFF of course...but I'm all mixed in with Far Cry 3 / Skyrim etc etc...... (and have recently started to fly FSX online with my Brother)

Stay away from Air Hauler (Just Flight) for FSX...totally addictive...I'm using vintage air from the 1930's and having a ball flying with a purpose :biggrin: while waiting for WOFF.

But often you do not need to de- and re-install.

Often the buttons "Reset OFF Manager" and maybe also "Reset CFS3" will give you a "new" OFF.

But: you will loose your campaign pilots that way too.

I did it once, but now I've forgotten how I did it! The old brain cells aren't what they used to be :blink: IIRC there is a file that has to be edited to point at the number of the pilot etc.

Edited by JimAttrill