Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 Korean War Era A-26B Invader Pak

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (Reccomended/Preferred) =

*Note: This mod will most likely =NOT= work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs at any patch level, due usage of the latest TW Exporter, and DDS format skins. End Users ™ that attempt it, do so at their own risk. A Full 5 Merged install is reccomened at the LATEST patch level.*

*Note: this aircraft =WILL= replace any other A/B-26B Invader you may (or may not) have. It's HIGHLY advisable you delete said aircraft and decals from your game install*

*Note: (again!) In 1947, the "A" for "Attack" designation was removed from use, and the A-26 Invader renamed to B-26 Invader (for Light Bomber Squadrons). Also, with the retirement of the Martin B-26 Marauder after WW2, the name was "open for reuse". To that end, the displayed name on the Single Mission screen will read "A-26B Invader (B-26B)".

The skins represent aircraft from the 13th BS, 3rd BG, as seen in Korea. Aircraft are finished in 'Night Intruder Black". Serial numbers and nose are are 98.6% historically correct; nose arts are matched to the aircraft's serial and ID Letter, via exhaustive research (oh, boy it was!).

Weapons are NOT included; they can be found in the KAW Weapons Pak. However, the 'para-illuminator flare pod' is, for those pesky night interdiction mission. In fact, just as a CYA measure, my /Effect folder is included (which is also available in one of the KAW Mod Paks -forget which one, exactly!)

Pilot figures, sounds are included, as is a SF2-style version of the my original "Box Art" Hangar screen. A Userlist.ini was also created.

The canopy opens with the Standard Animation Keystroke ™, Shift/0.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too.

Good Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

-for the KAW Team-

**Parentel Advisory: Many (ok, more than a lot) of the nose art decals depict the unclothed female form. If you find nudiditity offensive, seek medical help immeaditly, if not sooner. This mod is rated PG-13**

• Like 1

Great looking aircraft, thanks mate. :biggrin:

Is there a WW2 version in the works? (just kidding, I read the ReadMe - I'm looking forward to it).

And templates, too, if you feel like uploading them. I wouldn't mind trying for a few different skins for this very sleek bird.

well, i've started a skin for the 670th BS, ETO.

i'll see about getting the templates uploaded in a day or 2

An addendum to the credits:

I totaly forgot to add Kesselbrut as the cockpit creator.

my sincere apologies!!!

Wrench:

Could you upload the templates for this beauty, I would very much like to try my hand at a few skins for it. :salute:

Thank you for this bird.

And for nose art, too. :biggrin:

But I have a weird bug with turrets.

Looks like top turret is reversed.

And bottom turret can't shoot at all.

Any fix for this?

First of all - This is simply superb!! I found a small bug on the left prop. The turning prop appears when the aircraft is parked. Check it out. BTW, the olive drab skin will be ever released? My deepest regards to all envolved on this!

Thank you for this bird.

And for nose art, too. :biggrin:

But I have a weird bug with turrets.

Looks like top turret is reversed.

And bottom turret can't shoot at all.

Any fix for this?

same... in kaw camp i replaced it with the one from nato fighters as this one has very big lod size causing fps drops and weird crash time and then

but that's just me

i replaced it with the one from nato fighters

Strange, I never seen any fps drops and crashes in KAW... But my pc is relatively strong.

Is NF A-26B compatible with KAW skins and decals?

like i said it's just me, and in any event personally i prefer the model size to stay "healthy"

of course some fiddling is required when cross using mods