Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2 Korean War Era F-86 Sabre Pak

= For SF2, Full-5 Merged (Reccomended/Preferred) =

*Note: There is a distinct probability that this mod will =NOT= work in SF/Wo* 1stGen game installs at any patch level, due to the extensive modifications made to fit them into the SF2 environment. End Users ™ that attempt it, do so at their own risk. A Full 5 Merged install is reccomened at the LATEST patch level.*

This is the F-86 Sabre Pak for the Korean Air War mod. Probably as eagerly awaited as the terrain itself...

Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, THIS is the "Star of the Show"!!!

In this pak you have 3 Sabre marks, with their various skins/decals sets:

F-86A:

334th FIS

335th FIS

336th FIS, 4th FIW

This set uses the 'SF2 date switch' to swap from the Black/White Invasion stripes (Early skins) to the Yellow ID band (Late Skins). They switch on March 1, 1951.

F-86E:

No. 2 Squadron, SAAF

16th FIS

25th FIS

39th FIS, 51st FIW

334th FIS

335th FIS

336th FIS, 4th FIW

F-86F:

16th FIS

25th FIS

39th FIS, 51st FIW

334th FIS

335th FIS

336th FIS, 4th FIW

...and a Surprise Bird, with 3 skins of it's own!!!!!

All aircraft have brand new skins, built from ravenclaw's beyond superb template. All skins are in jpg format, and Decal Randomization is set to TRUE. Almost all markings are decals, excepting special vert fin/rudder markings (the yellow stripe for the 4th FIW, and checkboard with squadron color for the 51st). New DDS damage textures are included.

An all new, SF2-compliant FM was created for these aircraft; it flys like it should! (as seen on some other recently released Sabre mods) A new userlist ini is also included. The F-86A gets an SF2-version of my original 'box art' Hangar screen; the E & Fuses a more 'generic' style. No weapons are included; they are in the KAW weapons pak, and excepting for the drop tanks and HVARs, reference stock items (ie: the bombs). Many new sounds are included; be advised the included 50cal sound =WILL= overwrite any others you posess. Several new 'effects' are included as well.

For your extra added Flying Pleasure, a KAW =ONLY!!= modded InstantAction.ini resides in the included /Flight folder. REMINDER: use this =ONLY= in a stand alone KAW mods folder. It's based off the Korea V.3 map, and you'll need the MiG-15bis_NK, La-11 Fang, F-82G, F9F-2, and of course, these Sabres. This is an optional use file; I won't be insulted if you don't use it, or change the aircraft to what you want. Really; I promise!

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, give the "Notes" section a read too. There are "Operational Notations" and other impertinant data you should know.

Good Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

-for the KAW Team-

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/03/2012
  • Category

You know waking up on Monday mornings is not so bad sometimes... Perfect job...

Throw a nickle on the grass... Thanks KAW team!

I knew there had to be a reason I cut outta work today! Thanks Wrench and the whole KAW team!

Hello,

Very good balance between gaming pleasure and FM capabilities!

I like the different versions very much and the new cockpit for "F" is beautiful...

... Many thanks to the KAW Team

Best regards,

Coupi

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, THIS is the "Star of the Show"!!!"

A real, bright star! and the RF-86, too! Thanks a lot Kevin. :groupwave:

[i'll try to bring You soon the Red Star too, redressed and tweaked, from too many time sitting on my HD ......]

Took the F for a nice little spin over Europe in 1954...

This is really an amazing piece of work. I can't thank you all enough.

Thank you very much.

I will soon test it over Korea.

Outstanding bit of work!! This is an excellent 5 star pack!

:good:

ummm... shouldn't the IL2 histomod guys be credited too..?

wasn't Freddy listed in the credits???

F-86F cockpit work by Brain32, from original source files by Freddy for IL2

that's what I got from Brain!

ohhh ok, no biggie really! Been just wondering, again, my apologies, haven't noticed this :doh:

Just took a few up. Awesome work, Wrench, et al! Absolutely great.

I wanted to say that the new Sabers are wonderful. The new cockpit is a beautiful update over the old SF-1 based A-4 mod and the alignment of the guns to the gun sight is the best I can recall ever seeing in all my playing of SF2. If you have the Saber steady the bullets go right through the center of your piper.

got a small issue, when looking back in pit the fuselage doesn't show up. can see the wing/elev/vert stab etc. but not fuselage. is there something i can do or...?

got a small issue, when looking back in pit the fuselage doesn't show up. can see the wing/elev/vert stab etc. but not fuselage. is there something i can do or...?

In your aircraft data ini, you'd have to set the [Nose] section to ShowFromCockpit=TRUE, but you'll see things in your rear view that you probably shouldn't. It's then a game of finding the components in the aircraft out file that you want to use the Component[xxx]=Hide trick to hide from your view in the cockpit, if you can do it. Sometimes it doesn't work that well. Other times, it works perfectly.

Edited by Heck

its supposed to be that way .. lod issues

Roger that. Just tried a little experiment, and saw what Wrench was talking about. Like he already warned us. :grin:

Just tried a little experiment, and saw what Wrench was talking about.

rgr... apparently lod conflict, will leave as is.

thnx for the help gents!

For anyone interested... through some extensive google search I found the "-1" of the F-86F on the net. Dash 1 is the pilot's bible so everything one needs to know about the aircraft is in there!

http://www.fayloobmennik.net/3980653

I only found the picture format of the F-86E here

http://aviationshoppe.com/manuals/f-86_flight_manual/f-86.html?pageNumber=4

Edited by Do335