Sign in to follow this  

I'm trying to find a good sized (at least 200x200) image of the squadron badge of 1 Flottile, French Navy

need it for a decal...damn web is letting me down!!

TIA!!

sooo you must be making a supermarine seafire :) .. always a busy little bee :) , thank you a lot wrench for all the effort you make for skins and new mods

sorry, no not a Seafire. As we don't have one readily availalbe

but..

the profile linked IS the one!

Flotille 11F was 1F between 1940-53, was once made of carrier-based Escadrille 7C1, later renamed Escadrille 1AC... Yet the black Seahorse has always been its emblem. This site just gives you the variations for this emblem:

http://www.ffaa.net/squadrons/11f/insignes.htm

Translating texts from French:

- 1938-44: on mid-fuselage of Dewoitine, behind the cockpit (see pic below)

- 1945-50: on lower nose of Seafire

- 1950-52: on upper tail of Hellcat

I wonder which era you're aiming at, but in case, just saying, I'm badly lacking a Dewoitine D.520 Vichy skin for Escadrille 1AC, for a campaign I'm preparing for WoA, Syria-Lebanon 1941 (which would require adding your Palestine map to the WoA Installation).

120_14.jpg

mon Capitaine, please check the SF2 screen shots thread!! :biggrin:

and Thank You for the data/info ... it helps a lot!

as to the 520, sommat different, but also Syrian based (and used a slightly 'revised' IsraelME map). You're welcome to my not-so-stellar Home Grown template for Veltro's 520; unfortunatly the aircraft itself is no longer available.

but if we're nice, maybe he'll (re)build us a new one!

The skin is perfect for any D.520 Vichy unit present in Syria (GC III/6 & II/3). As the D.520 is still available with II/3 emblem in the all-inclusive WoA where my campaign would just have to be added, it would be enough to add a tga for D-520/Camo/D/SqBadge139 for GC III/6 emblem, either Mask of tragedy of 5e Esc. (the unit of ace Le Gloan), or Mask of comedy of 6e Esc., both on the tail actually: both emblems are available on many other jet skins for GC I/11 Roussillon (at WoE or SF2:E for exemple, but also products listed on CA's Free licensing list). My greatest lack now would be Veltro's Morane MS.406 (for GC I/7 in Lebanon): I have the model for personal use, but as this is not the case for everyone else, I would have to replace it with a Hawk 75 when uploading the campaign.

Your Palestine map is just perfect for my works: airfields at Lydda and Aqir, raw dusty Levant strips, and anyway, I intended to focus on the Southern, hardest-fought part of the campaign only. I have just added a Vichy base at Rayak (alas on the only flat part of country I could find West of Damascus, far away from genuine place in the Lebanese valley, off flyable map anyway), as well as a strategic node to have the ground fight to Beirut last longer. I would also like to add some Vichy French objects present in the Morocco map of WoA (tanks, Peugeot trucks, AA guns...), but the mod's ReadMe is not detailed enough to know who made what, and to know at the moment whom to ask for authorization. Of course, these modified files would have to be added after downloading all of your original work, to save your original files.

iirc, isn't WoA a DAT mod? If so, nothing from it can be shared outside the DAT site.

as to the terrains, when I remade it, it's still basicaly Gepard's Iseral2 map, with places renamed to WW2-ish types, so 'modern' placements for whatever is there

i wonder if I still have a TE set up for it... have to look and see

ok, having compared the ww2 palestine to the 2.5 version of Isreal2, i've come to the conclusion that for WW2, mods to the I-2, 2.5 would be a better solution.

mind you, it'll still need target areas transfered from palestine to i-2 2.5, but the later version has a LOT more stuff added (like beirut airport)

http://combatace.com/files/file/7430-isreal2-ver-25-by-gepard/

again, still a lot of work transfering stuff, but much easier than rebulding the TFD/HFD for ww2 palestine for this purpose