Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

SF2 Kindle Tablet Edition is out

http://www.amazon.com/Third-Wire-Productions-Strike-Fighters/dp/B00ACBN9CI

Dogfight against MiGs! Cold War jet air-combat action on the go!

Fly the F-100 Super Sabre, F-8 Crusader, F-104 Starfighter, F-105 Thunderchief, F-4 Phantom II, F-14 Tomcat, F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon, Hunter, Lightning, Mystere, Super Mystere, Mirage, MiG-17 'Fresco', MiG-19 'Farmer', MiG-21 'Fishbed' and MiG-23 'Flogger'! Combat flight simulation game featuring dozens of legendary jet fighters from the golden age of aviation spanning 25 years from 1954 to 1979!

The Cold War campaign starts out in the year 1954 when the world's first operational supersonic jet fighter, the F-100A Super Sabre, enters service. Engage in high-speed dogfights with the early guns-only jet fighters, then advance through the years as early rear-aspect only Sidewinder missiles are introduced. Then climb into the new era of air combat with missiles-only fighters armed with radar-guided missiles. And finally, scramble in the post-Vietnam jet fighters and engage in blood-draining high-g dogfights using all-aspect missiles!

The campaign advances one year when you accumulate 5 kills flying any aircraft available on/or before that year. Every time you advance a year, you earn 1 unlock key so you can fly the latest aircraft. Additional keys may be earned when you get promoted to a new level; the level promotion is based on the total accumulated score and not limited to the year.

Later year aircraft can be bought as in-app purchase and unlocked early and played out of sequence. You just need to go to the Options screen and set it to show later year aircraft to see them.

The game uses accelerometer (tilt sensor) for controlling the aircraft. The sensor is automatically centered every time you play, but there is also a button at the top center of the screen to "re-center" it manually to the current orientation anytime during game play.

2 Platforms down, 3 to go? (Nook, iTunes, WIndowsRT/8/Xbox)

2 Platforms down, 3 to go? (Nook, iTunes, WIndowsRT/8/Xbox)

You forgot PS3 :P . I wonder if it is possible for them to make a console version with everything still intact (Physics and control), you can plug in any keyboard on a PS3 and it will work. it would help those who can't afford really expensive PCs

You forgot PS3 :P . I wonder if it is possible for them to make a console version with everything still intact (Physics and control), you can plug in any keyboard on a PS3 and it will work. it would help those who can't afford really expensive PCs

PS3 shares Minis lineup with PSP. Flash games, really old PC games... even this

So, a portable release could fit. At a low-low price. However, Sony charges content uploaders, which might not run well with TK.

Edited by Gr.Viper

So, a portable release could fit. At a low-low price. However, Sony charges content uploaders, which might not run well with TK.

I'd think they would make more money, 'cuz "no one's ever heard of Strike Fighters". Even the people I know that are in to combat flight sims. It'd also be cool if they made it Multilayer Online. I know a few people in town that would play against me, LAN would be so fun.

Probably iOS only. Android and iOS are the big players. I'd imagine Kindle development was minimal from the native Android edition since Kindle is just running a 'forked' version of Android.

I very seriously doubt any other platforms will be developed for...Windows, Android, iOS. That pretty much covers about 80-90 percent of the computing platforms out there.

I doubt you'll see it for consoles...portable consoles are in trouble, and developing for 'living room' consoles is expensive.

FC

Sent Thirdwire and E-mail about a console version with ideas and ways to appeal to an even wider audience, yes including advanced players, we don't want to pull a IL-2: Birds of Prey on our own community. Probably wasted my time, but who knows.

given in the past TK never ever answered to my polite mails with alot more sane and reasonable suggestions, good luck :ok:

I don't know that consoles are in trouble necessarily. Part of the problem is MS and Sony have been lying around on their collective behinds for years, dragging out the most profitability they can get from the current batch. People are getting bored with them because aside from the Kinect there's really not been anything new since the 2nd year of their releases. People aren't buying them anymore because they HAVE one already!

On the flip side, portables are constantly improving their specs in display and power, making people hurriedly upgrade from one to the next to the next because there IS a difference.

Now will the new PS and Xbox sell worse than the PS3 and 360? Who knows? My guess is that it will be about the same overall. Will they be the LAST? That's a harder question, because then we're talking 2018 at the earliest before yet another generation would come out, and by then it could all change.

Well, I did specify that portable consoles are in trouble...Nintendo and Sony have both acknowledged that the 3DS and Vita have not been meeting sales expectations.

This is no surprise to me...phones are just as powerful, portable, and can do a lot more. The only thing they lack are dedicated gaming controls...and that may not be enough to sway enough buyers into purchasing a separate portable device.

FC

I had a PSP, but only got a few games for it because the one-stick design frankly was a problem.

I do agree phones are just as powerful, but even today I couldn't play any of my PSP games on a phone, 6 years later. Touchscreens have this horrible lag time, plus the controls are ON the screen you're supposed to be looking at...I can't imagine playing Tomb Raider on my Galaxy.

I do agree phones are just as powerful, but even today I couldn't play any of my PSP games on a phone, 6 years later. Touchscreens have this horrible lag time, plus the controls are ON the screen you're supposed to be looking at...I can't imagine playing Tomb Raider on my Galaxy.

the new PSP has two joysticks.

Never had problems with touchscreen lag with my iPhone 3GS, the only time I had problem is when the makers of the game do overkill on graphics or the game is poorly made overall. They do make joypads for the iPhone called the iControlpad. It has a D-pad, Select/Start, ABXY buttons, two shoulder buttons, and two analog sticks.

Yes, the Vita does, but it came out IMO too many years too late.

My problem is that I don't have an iPhone. I don't like them. I like my Galaxy. However, everyone and their mother makes iPhone-compatible items like the one you mentioned, almost NO ONE makes them for other phones.

Just like docks for the iPod, and I never could get one for my Creative Vision M.

My problem is that I don't have an iPhone. I don't like them. I like my Galaxy. However, everyone and their mother makes iPhone-compatible items like the one you mentioned, almost NO ONE makes them for other phones.

Just like docks for the iPod, and I never could get one for my Creative Vision M.

I dunno, maybe it's because connecting the controls to a Galaxy is too easy, making third-party controllers almost pointless. They should make accessories though, so that the Galaxy can hold itself onto an Xbox or PS3 controller. I find this interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhUctvjiCY

You can have something similar with Android which allows you to run a tablet with some of your flight sim controls while you play on a PC on the same wifi network.

FC

You can have something similar with Android which allows you to run a tablet with some of your flight sim controls while you play on a PC on the same wifi network.

FC

isn't that Touchbuddy?

Edited by RogerSmith

No. Touchbuddy does something similar but is NOT a native Android app. Here is how you COULD do it with Android:

http://www.racedepar...solution.45171/

But as you can see, it's not a plug and play solution and still requires a second monitor.

The program I am talking about is a native app on Android and just requires a small server app on the computer in question....much simpler and faster setup.

FC