Sign in to follow this  
baffmeister

Pasko Ju-87B SF-2 Update

Started working on an SF-2 update pack for Pasko's Ju-87B. The original flies very well so I hope to get it out the door quite quickly. [two weeks?] Has a nice Kesselbrut pit as well. If anyone has any skins, decals or bits and pieces they want added in just let me know. Also, I need a freely available German Pilot and aft facing gunner. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I did a set of templets to remove the camo and redid the lines. Makes it nice for repaints. I'll try to get them Uploaded by tomorrow. Pilots, I repainted some for myself(no upload), the "PilotHurricane", no gunner.

I use it in SF2 WWII installs already and have updated the cockpit ini, new gunsight and ammo capacity...

I did a set of templets to remove the camo and redid the lines. Makes it nice for repaints. I'll try to get them Uploaded by tomorrow. Pilots, I repainted some for myself(no upload), the "PilotHurricane", no gunner.

Can you upload the templates to this thread? I could add them to the package to make it convenient for skinners.

Crusader, I would like to add your cockpit.ini, gunsight and would appreciate the details on the ammo capacity.

MG 17 in the wings 500 rounds each

MG 15 reargunner 975 rounds (13 magazines)

thats how my new Revi 12C sight looks, its sized to fit the pits gunsight reflector plate

post-2042-0-47991700-1354750524_thumb.jpg

Ju 87 B.7z

i've got a full set of templates, but they're only 512x.

anybody want's 'em, they're yours!

Ju 87 B-1 and B-2 fuel capacity

One tank in each wing with ~ 480 Liter / ~ 380 kg total, = ~ 190 kg each tank

Well I made a mistake, The templets that I had made must of got erased during a selective backup for a hard drive swap. I dumped alot of stuff that I planned on redoing. Sorry(they were junkey anyway).

Well I made a mistake, The templets that I had made must of got erased during a selective backup for a hard drive swap. I dumped alot of stuff that I planned on redoing. Sorry(they were junkey anyway).

Thanks for the idea.

i've got a full set of templates, but they're only 512x.

anybody want's 'em, they're yours!

Wrench, if you upload them here I will include them in the pack.

Edited by baffmeister

i'll upload them to the SF2 Utilitles/templates or something like that section

Did I say 2 weeks for this project?...........................Anyway, it's coming along but there are always new things [for me] to try and figure out. One new thing is the operation of the bomb trapeze [for lack of a better word] under the center line. On the original version you would hit control-O to open the "bomb bay doors" which would extend the "Trapeze" then you would release the bomb. I think in RL this would happen in one fluid motion with the trapeze retracting automatically after bomb release. [maybe retracting by airflow forces or spring loaded.] I can get it to work in one fluid motion but not 100% sure that's how it worked. Anyone know for sure? Also, I see an entry in the data.ini for a Siren sound to activate when the dive brakes are extended but it wasn't included in the SF-1 upload. Anyone have the Siren sound?

just like the SBD or SB2D, the bomb cradle swung down on bomb release. How they retracted, I don't remember, but would venture a guess they were electricly pulled back up (I can check the Detial & Scale on the SBD if you want)

did you find all the skins/aircraft sets from 1st Gen? There's an R and the Italian version in there I did

http://combatace.com/files/file/10229-ju-87r-stuka-4stg2-north-africa/

http://combatace.com/files/file/10228-ju-87b-picchiatelli-regia-aeronautica/

I don't know how good the G version is...or if it's really "complete"

http://combatace.com/files/file/9242-ju-87-g-1-full-version/

ju87siren.wav

The Ju 87 is using a Deflection Fork to prevent the bomb from falling into the propeller.

The fork swings down when the bomb is released and has a retraction mechanism (springs with wires conected to the fork) which retracts it after the bomb is gone.

Thanks Wrench, I will check out the other JU-87's and see what kind of a package I can put together. Will check out the SBD as well to see how the bomb release is set up for it. I had a look on YouTube for some video and found one sequence showing the deflection fork in action but it was quite brief but seemed to show a quick deployment and retraction. Cheers.

Here's the entries I'm using for the JU-87 bomb release mechanism if anyone wants to try it out.

Edit the fuselage section like this:

SystemName[001]=Pilot

SystemName[002]=CoPilot

SystemName[003]=Gunner

SystemName[004]=RearGun

SystemName[005]=TailGear

SystemName[006]=CenterlineStation

SystemName[007]=CockpitLight

Then edit the weapon stations like this:

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

[CenterlineStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=INTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00, 0.17,-0.60

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=650

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=W_Germany

ModelNodeName=BombPylon

MovingPylon=TRUE

DiameterLimit=

LengthLimit=

BombBayAnimationID=7

BombBayOpenTime=0.60//0.30

BombBayCloseTime=1.20

AutomaticDoors=TRUE

MinExtentPosition=-0.65, 4.95,-0.75

MaxExtentPosition= 0.65, 2.40, 0.00

[LeftWingStation01]

StationID=2

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-4.16, 0.05,-0.35

LoadLimit=150

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=W_Germany

ModelNodeName=LeftPylon01

PylonMass=10.9

PylondragArea=0.03

[RightWingStation01]

StationID=3

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 4.16, 0.05,-0.35

LoadLimit=150

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=W_Germany

ModelNodeName=RightPylon01

PylonMass=10.9

PylondragArea=0.03

[LeftWingStation02]

StationID=4

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.93, 0.05,-0.39

LoadLimit=150

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=W_Germany

ModelNodeName=LeftPylon02

PylonMass=10.9

PylondragArea=0.03

[RightWingStation02]

StationID=5

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 3.93, 0.05,-0.39

LoadLimit=150

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=W_Germany

ModelNodeName=RightPylon02

PylonMass=10.9

PylondragArea=0.03

I took a quick look at the G-1 from the 1stGen D/Ls ... mostly Eastern Front skins (kinda obvious!), and I got the 37mm gun pods updated for SF2 usages

I can upload those, if you want.

the existing SBD (wolfs) dosent have any of that stuff ... no pylons, bomb crutch, etc. I have the DAT version, but have in in a 'removed storage folder', as it needs some corrections....

I took a quick look at the G-1 from the 1stGen D/Ls ... mostly Eastern Front skins (kinda obvious!), and I got the 37mm gun pods updated for SF2 usages

I can upload those, if you want.

the existing SBD (wolfs) dosent have any of that stuff ... no pylons, bomb crutch, etc. I have the DAT version, but have in in a 'removed storage folder', as it needs some corrections....

Understood regarding Wolf's SBD. I think I may just upload the JU-87B first but include the Italian stuff as well. Probably another "Two Weeks" for that to happen. I was planning to include some German bombs [sC series] as well but I can't even get that figured out. Should I include Italy in the bomb attachment type? Also, to make things even more complicated, I want a window in the cockpit floor! Anyone know how to do that! Anyway, I think at this point I should concentrate on the FM and maybe get a 0.9 beta test FM uploaded here in a few days. Perhaps, Mr. GoodWrench, you would be interested in uploading a JU-87 package when I get the FM figured out? Shoot me a PM if your interested. :biggrin:

leave the weapons attachmenttypes as they are; there really no reason to add "WW2 Italy" when the SC series bombs use W_Germany. (they should be in the FW paks I just uploaded, btw. might be missing the PC-1000)

this is my loadout ini for the 87B, and 87B_RA (I seperated/nationalized the Regia Aeronautica version when I did it for 1stGens. Guess a new Userlist.ini is in order). My 87R mod is slightly different

// Station 1 = Centerline Station 01

// Station 2 = Centerline Station 02

// Station 3 = Left Wing Station

// Station 4 = Right Wing Station

// Station 5 = Left Wing Station

// Station 6 = Right Wing Station

[Attack]

Loadout[02].WeaponType=SC-250

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=SC-50

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=SC-50

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=SC-50

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=SC-50

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=SC-500

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

[sEAD]

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

[Anti-Ship]

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

[FAC]

[Recon]

wasn't there a window in the cockpit? I seem to remember looking down trhough it....have to check now!

Edited by Wrench

guys anybody wants to help me with Ju-87A (the one which survived my HD crash) ? Icant make it dive bombing :-( MontyCZ

Hey Monty CZ:

I still have all the files on this model from when I put together a FM for you last July. If I can be of any assistance, let me know!

guys anybody wants to help me with Ju-87A (the one which survived my HD crash) ? Icant make it dive bombing :-( MontyCZ

That's another thing that's holding me up a bit. I have got the JU-87B to dive bomb at a 60deg angle but its quite dependent on the starting altitude. Will post some AI entries here when I get it working better.

Well, the window in the cockpit floor works in SF-1 but not in SF-2.................no idea whats going on.

Edit: Easy fix. For the Fuselage section of the data.ini, just change the entry ShowFromCockpit=TRUE to FALSE.

Edited by baffmeister

that makes sense... in my MTO folder, I have have a window. My ETO Stuka's dont. Fuesleag is ON in ETO, and OFF in MTO (must be because fo the heat!!)

Found this in my MTO folder, too. I don't think this is a completed aircraft, as the gunner's canopy glass isn't there, and the framing is incomplete. Supposed to be a Ju-87D7, with Mg151

if folks can accept the semi-completness...

Edited by Wrench
edit-changed variant name

monty: have you added the AI section for dive bombing to the data ini?

[DiveBombAI]

RollInRange=2500.0

RollInAlt=4600.0

PullOutRange=500.0

PullOutAlt=450.0

AimPitchOffset=2.0