SayethWhaaaa

So that UK Nurse that got pranked...

Seems like she topped herself. I hate to think the pressure she was under after those douchebags pranked her.

http://www.news.com.au/world/hospital-receptionist-duped-by-australian-radio-djs-dies-in-suspected-suicide/story-fndir2ev-1226532600709

What's worse, this isn't the first time that station has pulled crap pranks that resulted in bad things happening.

They should face Charges!...Just goes to show, this is why we tell twelve year olds, not to indulge in stupid pranks!.... and yet these immature, talentless f*cktards are allowed to act like Kids on a cheap, Aussie Radio-noise

I hope it haunts them

• Like 1

You should see the hate mail the station's FB page is getting! Aside from the anti-Australia/convict/Erinsborough crap, it's totally justified. On the scale of things, what they did wasn't so bad per se, ie, Just pretending to be Lizzy and Phillip and asking about how Kate's doing. It's not like they faked a death to someone on air, or tried to get the staff to do something stupid, or breach security . But they shouldn't have even made the attempt. It was a simple mistake on the nurse/receptionist's part, something that could have happened to anyone, and she must have been mortified when she found out! What really sucks is that the station will wait until the heat dies down and go back to their usual shock jock crap (they have a guy on there, Kyle Sandilands who is the very definition of human filth, I think it's a pre-req for working there!). Here's hoping you Poms give them so much hell you cause some serious damage to them! Lord knows we've tried... and failed.

Perhaps the fact that the dead Nurse, leaves behind two children, may 'prick' the concience of a 'Prick' at the station

Merry f*cking Christmas

I don't get it, so a nurse committed suicide because she accidentally released info on the patients to some DJs that pretended to be the Queen and Prince? The nurse never got in trouble with the hospital, but she commits suicide leaving behind two kids just before Christmas anyways? Neither side was thinking clearly here... or something is not being told

Edited by RogerSmith

it's a shame this thing happened in the first place.. those DJ's should get their asses kicked real hard..

and Roger is right, the nurse should have thought it through..

Yeap, with steel toed boots!

Peoples responses are varying from each in this situation. Also probably we didn't got every details, media tends to do that.

If that prank really caused her flip, than both person should financially fill up the place of the mother for her family, at least until both attends schools of any form.

Would be good taking a full investigation on the radio station's pranking events. That should alert all other stations to stop doing these pranks.

Yes, prank can be fun at the time but truly nobody thinks over any side effects their act might have. Only when something goes haywire, but then its too late to "be sorry about it".

Edited by logan4

She ACE'd herself ?! Wow, I didn't think it was that bad of a prank, at least not to off herself, this just gets worse. The poor woman.

Edited by MAKO69

I can certainly understand her. She was tricked into violating the codex of Nurses, because she felt the relatives ought to know.

Then it gets all over the newspapers. Jail the radio people; they are to be judged for their role in this affair by twelve of their peers.

If she gave out information she shouldn't have, it's none but her fault. It shouldn't make a difference if it is pranking DJs calling or the relatives themselves. Non-disclose means non-disclose.

• Like 1

people are pranked all the time and don't kill themselves. the radio station is responsible for the prank be it in good or bad taste but the loss of life rest solely on the person who killed themselves. it is obvious that she had serious demons inside her. stable and rational people do not kill themselves over a prank or the loss of a job.Should th radio people done this? prob not but to blame them for the actions of somone who is unstable is a little extreme.

Edited by whiteknight06604

Really sad news this - guess that just pushed her over the edge (If it was suicide ) - RIP

• Like 1

people are pranked all the time and don't kill themselves. the radio station is responsible for the prank be it in good or bad taste but the loss of life rest solely on the person who killed themselves. it is obvious that she had serious demons inside her. stable and rational people do not kill themselves over a prank or the loss of a job.Should th radio people done this? prob not but to blame them for the actions of somone who is unstable is a little extreme.

Right on. Who knows what was going on in her mind, or the pressure she was facing after the call. And there would have been a huge level of pressure on her after given the involvement of the Royals. This is all across the news this morning and there's pretty equal criticism here of the station and the seeming lack of (or lax?) protocols of the hospital too. Part of the reason a lot of people here are pissed with the station is their history of breaching the media guidelines here. They have several shock jocks who've pulled some pretty reprehensible stuff and they're currently on a 5yr probation for other breaches, yet, they still seem to get away with it...

I have no issue with the pranksters or the station getting in hot water for the prank and any miss doings but I can't lay blame for the suicide on them. how many times have we said something to someone about seeing their wife out with a guy in jest or that they just saw their car being stollen, if they suddenly jumped out the window how would we feel if we were getting death threats and facing charges? A tastless and posibly illegal prank should be the issue but blaming them for the actions of an irrational and prob mentaly ill woman is a little extreme in my opinion. there are scumbags and then their are killers.

Actually you can never be sure about where the other person is or what is their limits in getting over the edge.

In my area and close family I have 2 person with "successful" and 2 other with attempted suicide. They were "normal" in any respect but there were just that one data or info/situation which would be no problem in any other given time, but then and there pushed them over the edge.

Specially when someone deals with people on the phone. Even a simple joke can be misunderstood and have serious consequences.

The thing is, only she has all the data, we others can only speculate about details and the correct why's it did happen.

A free media for me does not mean "free to do anything" media. They should all abide the laws of their own country and if from abroad, then the given country's law system too where they "work".

It's just plain wrong to do 'Radio Pranks'

Imagine if a Radio Prankster called the US Government, to say that the Pentagon was going to be attacked in a 9/11 type way?...wtf do you think would happen to them?...they'd get lynched!

It's inexcusable... and they should be made to pay!

actually Widowmaker me thinks they would become the newest resident at Gitmo if they were to try that!

It's just plain wrong to do 'Radio Pranks'

Imagine if a Radio Prankster called the US Government, to say that the Pentagon was going to be attacked in a 9/11 type way?...wtf do you think would happen to them?...they'd get lynched!

It's inexcusable... and they should be made to pay!

I actually agree here - the radio presenters should be setting an example - not doing pranks for publicity. Even if she didn't commit suicide they put the Nurse in a position where her job was potentially threatened - and it may have not been her fault regarding how the procedures were set up.

I will also go along with the notion that these 2 presenters are brainless talentless retards for only seeing what they could gain from the stunt - and not how it would affect the people down the line. Think for a minute the environment the nurse may work in - normally one of misery, disease and death - where she constantly had to look and act cheerful - and tbh the nurses ive had care from have always come across as being caring and friendly. So she gets all that dumped on top of her head as well as everything else while those c***s get worldwide coverage.

There is a line - and they crossed it!!

Edited by MigBuster

How did they cross the line? No reasonable person would seriously believe a fairly innocuous prank call would lead to someone commiting suicide. Or are you just butthurt because royalty is involved? :D

Imagine if a Radio Prankster called the US Government, to say that the Pentagon was going to be attacked in a 9/11 type way?

you just compared two different scenarios... The prank wasn't a death threat

Imagine if a Radio Prankster called the US Government, to say that the Pentagon was going to be attacked in a 9/11 type way?

Jules and Roger are right. What the hosts did was nowhere near that level of asshattery, but it was still pretty dumb. Given the breach, I'd like to know what the hospital had said to the nurse. Given the breach and it involving the Royals, I'm sure they would have been pissed. But what did they say to the nurse? Did they threaten her with administrative punishment or a potential sacking because of the breach? Was she removed or demoted? What were the protocols in place and were they followed correctly? They've very vocal today in condemning the stunt, but they too have questions to answer about the behaviour towards their employee. I know for certain that they would have had words with her about this. They even said the day after they'd investigate this matter. They seem all too keen to shift the blame and the focus onto the hosts to divert the attention from any possible break down in protocol of theirs, and to blow the prank out of all proportion. I'd understand this British anger more if the prank had been them saying that someone in their family had died or if they'd made a death threat, but all they did was pretend to be the Queen and Prince Charles (very, very badly might I add. The impression was just awful!) to elicit the status of Kate and her morning sickness. Hardly a terrorist threat.

On a side not, I noticed that on 2Day FM's FB page, the ragers even left a stack of offensive messages on the Daniel Morcombe tribute post. Daniel Morcombe was a kid who disappeared at a bust stop almost 10 years ago and recently his remains were discovered and it was established he was raped and killed by a pedophile who's since been arrested and charged. His funeral was held the day before this prank and yet, some really nasty crap from British Royal supporters/nationalist types had been posted there too. That's pretty disgusting. Much more so than the event that inspired them to post such nastiness, IMHO.

How did they cross the line? No reasonable person would seriously believe a fairly innocuous prank call would lead to someone commiting suicide. Or are you just butthurt because royalty is involved? :D

Are you 12 years old?

Well, pranks go bad unintentionally see for yourself. Does not mater how fairly innocuous prank that is. This is just one example. Wonder what htey told to the kid's parents.

Are you 12 years old?

are you senile? :D

Well, pranks go bad unintentionally see for yourself. Does not mater how fairly innocuous prank that is. This is just one example. Wonder what htey told to the kid's parents.

hehe. You know this is fake, right?

Edited by RogerSmith

The video maybe, but the situations are not. The thing is, at certain times cute little things can go haywire. That is the point. I know couple of handbreaks or broken noses or other material damages made when others thought "that was funny". It is hard to calculate the actual reactions from people even we think we know well, and if more person is involved in the surroundings of the event those can accumulate to unforeseen mix of consequences.