After about 6 months away from playin anything TW I think I'm back. Strarted putting togetther everything for a standalone Korean install however I don't own all the titles. As I gather the following are required:

SF2I & Exp 1: Mig-15 and Meteor

SF2V: SCB-27C and Skyraiders

SF2: I it really required? Would rather save £20 if I can

The rest, NA, SF2E & Exp2 I already have. Am I missing sometheing or should I be able to get away with just Israel, Europe, Vietnam & expansions?

Craig

wrench has said many of the his terrains would need SF2 to work. outside of that its just something interesting to putz with.

last part is my two cents. i'm primarily in SF2E and most other versions were actually bought to support that game (carriers, P-51s, Meteors etc)

Fair enough, just that when I was on the SF2 page I didn't really see anything that wasn't covered elsewhere, maybey hold of on 'Nam and get Sf2 then. I'll gladly wait on Mr Samurai's Essex class boats over the stock ships and i guess I can live with Monty's old A-1's. Kind of hard to justify the cost for a couple of models.

Craig

FP, you can always copy/paste the desert.cat from 08 level SFp1 into your 'core install's /Terrains folder. --- C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Terrains

but..

you'll still need to pull the data ini and add the SF2 shader statements to it, and place that data ini in a /Terrains/Desert folder within whichever mods folder you're using.

Yes, this DOES work!

SF2I so you can add

SF2I Expansion Pak for the Mig15s, Mustang, Metor, C47 (eye candy)

SF2V for the Skyraiders (however I DO have all them based on monty's original - i just chose to use TKs for convience and they slight refinemets in the FM)

SF2NA for the carrier basing coding

at this point in time, I'm trying to just get wasy from KAW ... other than a few FAA aircraft, and Red Side, it's done. If there REALLLy (and I mean really) is a call for monty-base ADs, I can assemble the package and upload. It just it'll be huge, and pretty much the same as what's out now using the 3W model (although monty's wings fold, but NOT on parking for some stupid game engine codind reason)

NP, don't worry about Monty's A-1's on my count. Actually thought I'd seen them updated somewhere already, my mistake.

Craig

yes, there was an update

but this was a updated update (does that make sense??) swapped out the FM statement for 3W ones, but there were still some small issues.

Kevin, do you really have to ask this community if we want more of something? :f***:

while on the Able Dog topic though is there any special mission AD like the AEW version? or are they at sites that wont share...

you talking the -5, with the belly radome?

I know Razbam has a 'standard' -5, but it has many issues in SF2.

or something like AD-3W sorta thing, with the extended spine behind the cockpti, and and belly radome? (AEW variant?)

nothing like that really exists, although I did experment with it many years ago...and it really didn't work too well. the cockpit canopy would need complre rebuilding

here's screenies from 2005 of the experiment...

although the usefullness of the aircraft would be most doubtfull 'in game'. Mabye as a 1950s AWAC (which, actually, it kinda was)

if i can ever find monty's MAX files he sent me years ago, and convince a 3d Guy.... :dntknw:

well for usefulness i would point to the C-130, E-3 prior to NA, etc etc.

still too bad on the lack of one. but lets see what my teachers let me do next semester in 3D modelling.............

if i can ever find monty's MAX files he sent me years ago, and convince a 3d Guy.... :dntknw:

Bob, you should contact 76.IAP-Blackbird he was working on the Skyraider a long time ago i think...

hmmmm that would take the useful life of Navy SPADs to i think round 68 or 69. last missions flown were by EA-1Fs though the USAF, VNAF used theirs a few more years. gotta look up my book when i get home to be sure though

I have the parts ready and want to integrate them into the model and not as fake pilot.

But seems there is a prob with the max file, i cant cut the mesh with with edit poly settings. Only the first vertice is created but not the cut to the next vertice.

What is wrong?

You guys are looking for something like that?

Bird from Monty, modded by me....

post-8289-0-91741800-1355258711_thumb.jpg

The Radome is a Weapon visible ingame, or should I create one for the model itself?

If I cant solve the cutting problem, which is realy serious, I will not be the way I would like to have it.

that's exactly the bird. you even got the extra vert fins! nicely done

i'd suggest building the radome into the model, if not too much work. the one I'd used above is (more than) slightly off scale for the APS-20 set

Yes all is in, even the wire to the vertail, I wanted to create the "door" on the side, but I can cut the model?!

Do you have any idea about the editing problem of the planes mesh in max?

Love it when threads meander like this. I believe the RN FAA used these briefly before the Gannet AEW's came along.

Just googled it there, turns out 849 and 778 RNAS flew 50 of them between 1951 and 1962, designated as Skyraider. AEW.1 in Brittish service.

Craig.

If i can solve the prob there will be more details, a opening canopy and the doors for the radar operators ;) The mapping and skin remain the same, only one skin file will be there for the new parts, some parts are integrated into the skin

Looks pretty nice Martin! :good:

Any chance for an A-1E & G???

The current camopy is the old one and is a kind of placeholder. The other version "could" be done, seems, that not a to big deal.

If someone can provide good reference material, cause the stuff about the different versions is very limited on the internet

you need the "Detail & Scale" on the Skyraider and the "Warbird Tech" as well

if you want them, let me know. It'll take 2 attachment uploads, as the cursed pdf are pretty big

Edited by Wrench

theres an International Airpower Review article on them also with lots of good pics of the family models. tho Wrench's will have the 3 views you might need and i dont have IAPR on digits.....

Yes,Yes please finish! I know there's some minor probs but Razbam was selling his skyraider paks for $5.00 last time I was there,lot's of variant's.