Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

f-16-engines-stolen-from-israeli-military-base

let's hope enemy countries don't try to stick it in their Migs, SUs, Fire Foxes, ADFX-01s or whatever the hell them kids fly these days

let's hope enemy countries don't try to stick it in their Migs, SUs, Fire Foxes, ADFX-01s or whatever the hell them kids fly these days

It would not fit into a MiG or Sukhoi.

Probably a gungho member from Combat Ace, those guys are nutz.

• Like 1

Okay admit it who's wanting their Iron Eagle fantasies to be more than that ???

But how can a JET ENGINE be stolen from a Airbase?! i, mean it is nothing you but in your pocket an go out to the front door......

maybe only a drunken guy stored it somewhere were no one expected it to be and the drunken guy cant remember..... :-D

Certainly an inside job. Possibly they have a black market contact. Only place I could think of they could go is Venezuela, as they have F-16s that are the same vintage as some of Israel's. You're not going to see the Chinese or others paying for them, there's nothing new there for them.

• Like 2

Hmm...we had an incident a few years ago when police arrested people wich had a factory was making Tomcat engines and other parts near Madrid...

Engines?? I can believe a few parts perhaps, but no one can build a jet engine like that except another jet engine manufacturer...and I think if SNECMA or RR or whoever were building engines for Iran it would've made worldwide news!

yeah, on the news they said it was probably an inside job...

hope they'll get caught!

Engines?? I can believe a few parts perhaps, but no one can build a jet engine like that except another jet engine manufacturer...and I think if SNECMA or RR or whoever were building engines for Iran it would've made worldwide news!

Not making the whole engine, apparently they got some parts, made some others, then assembled or supplied what they had for the Iranians. They didn´t just manufacture, the also dealed with retired Israeli (irony) Bell 212 and other stuff, had a hangar full of them

Since we are with the Tomcat, how difficult could be fitting those engines to iranian Tomcats?. If I'm not mistaken, late Tomcats used the same engine used by USAF F-15's and F-16's, but I don't Know how much needed to be changed from the original Tomcat design.

Early Tomcats = F-14A (like the Iranian ones) using the TF30 and later the TF30-P-414A.

Late Tomcats = F-14A+/B and D. Those used the F110-GE-400, which is similar to (ie derived from a common beginning) but not identical to the F-16's F110-GE-100, F110-GE-129, and F110-GE-132. Some late F-15s use the 129s as well.

"The primary difference between the F110-GE-400 and the F110-GE-100 is length - the F110-GE-400 has a 50-inch (1.3 m) tailpipe extension to suit the F-14 airframe, which is fitted downstream of the augmentor. The new engine provided 23,100 lbf (103 kN) of thrust (can go up to 27,600 lbf (123,000 N) max augmented thrust if authorised and or if the situation dictates) compared to the TF30's maximum thrust of 20,900 lbf (93 kN)." -- wiki

To take F-16 engines and fit them to their first-gen Tomcats would mean Iran basically making their own F-14B variant, a non-trivial task. I don't doubt it could be done, but I doubt it could be done easily, cheaply, or quickly.

you assume that the engines are headed to Iran and not a for scraping (destroying evidence and getting easy money is a smarter thing to do)

lets hope that the MP's will find those engines